• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Perks motor balancing and clutch balancing problems

N
Feb 6, 2012
I had JOE at perks spin balance in Tremonton Utah ,Balance my snowmobile motor while it was in the snowmobile , Perks had the snowmobile for about 19 days! Joe told me it would take 3 days , I went to get it once but would not except in because he had it vibrating so bad ( 95 miles round trip ) , Joe said he would get it balanced right and call me when it was done . Here is perks work after 19 days and all of his excuses !! You decide !! :nono: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjWceKKUixQ

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I had JOE at perks spin balance in Tremonton Utah ,Balance my snowmobile motor while it was in the snowmobile , Perks had the snowmobile for about 19 days! Joe told me it would take 3 days , I went to get it once but would not except in because he had it vibrating so bad ( 95 miles round trip ) , Joe said he would get it balanced right and call me when it was done . Here is perks work after 19 days and all of his excuses !! You decide !! :nono: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjWceKKUixQ

WoW. I commend you on the controlled test you've done , I feel really sorry for those who are in this situation. Absolutely no dispute on the video. This leave me almost speechless and sadden for those scammed.. Joe you were on here promoting your product, You now have a multitude of problems and you should" MAN" up and help these guys out.Hiding in the woodwork will not resolve this.

Last edited:
P

pfi572

Nov 29, 2009
North West Alberta
WOW is right! You can't run that sled like that Sir.
You are being very gracious as I wouldn't of even thought about paying for something like that.
I would be asking to put it back to original .
Thanks for the info and sorry for your experience .

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Unbelievable! I sure hope there is a good ending here. What terrible work and service. Excellent job on the video and showing everything in good detail. Unfortunate you had to put all that work into it as well.

Best of luck.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I wonder if they all do this or is this a rare case? I mean there has to be others that have had his work done how are they running?
I guess with the other thread going on about bad balanceing, I think I'm going to leave mine alone. :nono:

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho

Nice job on the video. Couple questions.

1. did you pull the clutch off the crank at any time after you picked it up?
2. Did you start the sled without the clutch to check for balance issues.

Again great job and I just can't imagine how a sled would preform with an extra 500+ grams of rotating weight.

It's to bad because I think the overall process and concept it great, but someone missed the boat entirely on this one.

Thunder

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
something seems fishy.the sled sounds like its running on one cyl at first.maybe perk will reply.

M

madmini660

Nov 6, 2008
lewistown mt
thanks wish I would have saw that before i got three sled done by him I'm so mad:mad: asked for my money back and he wouldn't do that just wants me to send him the rotors i have and send me new one's and talked to my buddy that did that and he said he got the new rotor for pull rope side and was just as bad as the first but be happy he didn't grind on you brand new clutch like he did on my skidoo so i have to buy new outer clutch will cost me more to get back to stock then his kit did I just wonted my money back to buy all the stuff to fix what his kit did

outer moving shive on clutch
$191
recoil that broke
$153
spacer for mag
$81
new starter ring gear
$205
Total parts without shipping
$630

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2012
logan utah

Man this video makes me sick I just went and bought a 2012 polaris pro because of seeing this guys sled before and after perks balance job. needless to say I thought it might be one of the smoothest sleds i've ever seen for a polaris 800, 2009. and I had the same sled two years prior to now so I know what im talking about, It looks to me as if you put his rotor on backwards, turned the clutch a 180 turn and made the pull cover bolts lose to make it look like it vibrates twice the stock motor vibrations.I call BS on this video i'll have him do my polaris pro 2012 and video before,during and after to prove his work ..... ill post as soon as i can again ..777polaris

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
Man this video makes me sick I just went and bought a 2012 polaris pro because of seeing this guys sled before and after perks balance job. needless to say I thought it might be one of the smoothest sleds i've ever seen for a polaris 800, 2009. and I had the same sled two years prior to now so I know what im talking about, It looks to me as if you put his rotor on backwards, turned the clutch a 180 turn and made the pull cover bolts lose to make it look like it vibrates twice the stock motor vibrations.I call BS on this video i'll have him do my polaris pro 2012 and video before,during and after to prove his work ..... ill post as soon as i can again ..777polaris
Good luck keep us updated :shocked:

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta

This is a brand new account that is a alter other wise known as 7perk,I do believe he maybe a little crooked....

Feb 7, 2012
logan utah
Good luck keep us updated :shocked:
Got off the phone with him just barely my sled will go to his house this coming up monday And got his permission to video he was hesitant on letting me film but he agreed to do so because of the situation i will film the whole time so you see everything for your self and as well as I get to see step by step because all ive seen is before and after.

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Got off the phone with him just barely my sled will go to his house this coming up monday And got his permission to video he was hesitant on letting me film but he agreed to do so because of the situation i will film the whole time so you see everything for your self and as well as I get to see step by step because all ive seen is before and after.

Can someone translate this?

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
This is no way to man up, PERK. You better get your poop in a group cause I see a sh!t strom heading your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!:director:

Premium Features