• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Skinz isn't taking any orders until february and has no info on their proclimb seats or bumpers. Seriously???? Maybe hire some more people. Sounds like a good idea?

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Hahaha I was thinking the same thing when I saw that. Hopefully they will get ahold of me in January since I asked twice to be put on a backorder list for their new proclimb seat.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
You never know what someone else is going through until you walk a mile in their shoes.............then if you don't like the situation at least you have their shoes:face-icon-small-win

B

barry1me

Mar 12, 2009
MI
Skinz isn't taking any orders until february and has no info on their proclimb seats or bumpers. Seriously???? Maybe hire some more people. Sounds like a good idea?

I never understand industries like snowmobiling where they are not taking orders in the middle of the season......BUILD AN INVENTORY!!!!

Its not just skinz it seems like its many in the industry

I call RNR trailers guess what no trailers for 2+ months, parts for sleds....backordered!

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
I never understand industries like snowmobiling where they are not taking orders in the middle of the season......BUILD AN INVENTORY!!!!

Its not just skinz it seems like its many in the industry

I call RNR trailers guess what no trailers for 2+ months, parts for sleds....backordered!

How many seats do they need in stock??
How much money do they need to invest in stock?
How many people do they need to hire so they can train them and then lay them off in March??
They seem to be a good company with a great quality control. There is another seat company without the same quality control.
Trailer? Last minute you expect a trailer. What were you doing with your money in August?
Give them a break. They are hard workers like the rest of us.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
They may be hard workers, but is there ever a time where there isn't an issue getting at least some products from skinz? There stuff seems like it is always backordered! Not taking orders until february so that means you can get on the next backorder list in february and might get your products by next season???? I was waiting for their seat and bumper to come out, but I'm definitely going to need a bumper before then and I don't want to wait that long for a seat either.

T

TGitt

Feb 16, 2009
Logan, Utah
I ordered a bumper in September for my Pro, and it still hasn't shipped. If they are that busy early in the fall I would think that they could afford and knew that they needed to hire more people.. Just saying... They do have a great product, but it just seems like I've heard a lot of people canceling their orders and going else where. It seems to me like it'd be hard to make a profit if you keep having people cancel their orders...

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
That really does suck, but better than taking your order and you not getting your order until March, or not at all....Some companies have done that.

B

barry1me

Mar 12, 2009
MI
How many seats do they need in stock??
How much money do they need to invest in stock?
How many people do they need to hire so they can train them and then lay them off in March??
They seem to be a good company with a great quality control. There is another seat company without the same quality control.
Trailer? Last minute you expect a trailer. What were you doing with your money in August?
Give them a break. They are hard workers like the rest of us.

My point was not dissing quality, or saying they are a bad company. Where I ride in MI, there is still 2 months before solid riding conditions. I dont question they work hard, I just cant believe they cant even take an order till after the end of prime season. From I read on several posts people ordered Airframes several months ago and still havent receieved them. I own several Skinz products for my PRO, and am considering buying 1 or 2 covers for my sled, it just shocks me that there isnt inventory on products like this. I like seeing companies like skinz grow and do well, Its just sad that they cant make more money by having parts on there shelves....oh well.

This wasnt a diss to Skinz.....its several products/manufactures in the sled industry, and it seems to be getting worse. I understand Inventory costs money. No need to argue as many will agree.....god forbid you bend an A arm on a sled or want to buy a trailer midseason because your season could be over. Lets face it with everyones life being busy not many get there sleds prepped and trailers ready to go 6+ months before the season.

Last edited:
M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
They may be hard workers, but is there ever a time where there isn't an issue getting at least some products from skinz? There stuff seems like it is always backordered! Not taking orders until february so that means you can get on the next backorder list in february and might get your products by next season???? I was waiting for their seat and bumper to come out, but I'm definitely going to need a bumper before then and I don't want to wait that long for a seat either.

Sounds like a real "Boo Hoo" situation you've got your hands there. Here's a tissue.

J

Jordo

Nov 3, 2009
Stillwater,MN
I ordered my Airframe boards from them back at HayDays and I called them in late October and they told me "That they just moved into a new building and that the day they shut there phone lines down to switch to the new shop WPS place a huge order for all there stuff for the year back in june and Skinz never got the order til Sep" so thats why they are so behind and everything is backordered!

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
I ordered my Airframe boards from them back at HayDays and I called them in late October and they told me "That they just moved into a new building and that the day they shut there phone lines down to switch to the new shop WPS place a huge order for all there stuff for the year back in june and Skinz never got the order til Sep" so thats why they are so behind and everything is backordered!

That definitely helps to explain things, I'm guessing that was a HUGE order since WPS supplies to just about every powersports dealer it seems like.

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
Well I'm number one in the list to revive a seat but I think I'm going to spend the money on a diamond s hood first! So if someone wants the seat just let me know and I'm sure wee can work something out!

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
Try to order a Super Q can for a Polaris Pro...Nope, back ordered. Try and order a set of Air Frame running boards for just about any modle....Nope, back ordered. You look at just about any "successful" after marker company who prides them selves on customer service and call them and ask if they hire "seasonal" help and they will say yes. You have to if you want to keep up with the seasonal demands or backlogged work. That's business. There a lot of people in today's economy that would be super happy to have ANY job, even if it is just until March. I'm not saying they don't make a super product, but help us help you.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
They may be hard workers, but is there ever a time where there isn't an issue getting at least some products from skinz? There stuff seems like it is always backordered! .

you nailed it...this is not a new problem for them
i sure hope they eventually come to terms with it and solve the issue because they make products that are exceptional quality !!!!!

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO

That definitely helps to explain things, I'm guessing that was a HUGE order since WPS supplies to just about every powersports dealer it seems like.

It looks to me that you need to get an order in with a WPS dealer .................

Premium Features