• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

area 51 snow machine

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Everything is legal till you get caught. Gotta have new ideas to make new things. Might be awsome.

I :face-icon-small-winlike what you did with the front suspension.Cant wait to see her run. Do you carry the brick up on the hill!

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
I had that front end on my three BMw r1150gs's 1

0 yrs ago, thats why I traded one of them towards my first snow hawk, it looked like the ticket to my future!

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
Looks like he's been soaking it in ACID before he smoked it.

Wow! you really do need to post up some video of this thing on the snow.
Wow is right With all these drug comments I'm thinking I hear the cops coming.
So what do you really think of this thing as far as direction of new concept?
Motor is Ltr 450 e start injected
feels very small and light. Smaller than my kx125 by a fair margin. Chain is straight shot, not even a tensioner sprocket, so no drag.

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
I like the idea of sitting on top of the rear suspension.. It's a little boxy though hope there is some plastic in the future.....

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
the shifting is done just like a moto bike with standard clutch. I added the shift petal after the pics were taken. I since added the exhaust also. Put on the heated grips and hand guards now too. Just a few small details and it time to hit the snow for some real world testing..

I don't really know what other kind of body work to make so it is not as boxy.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Make it sexy!

Dress it up from the Victorias Secrets or Frederic of Hollywood's catalogs, then it'll have some curves.:face-icon-small-hap

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
I like the concept!

But you better wear some body armor. Those sharp corners are going to hurt!!Maybe redesign the frame with curves instead of 90 degree angles?

M

madsigntist

Dec 19, 2007
Lehi, UT
www.summitsigns.biz
That is Awesome. YOu must post some vid footage of it going.
I love the kickstand. The brick comments had me chucklin..

You better hope you dont come up short on that or I am pretty sure it's gonna sting.:face-icon-small-win

I am freakin laughin my a$$ off as I type...

Dizz, you were right on

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Little rough on the edges , but really like the concept, the geometry is right for once on a single ski, all the others make to many compromises to retain the dirt bike frame . The track needs to be right under the engine on a bike but this makes it to tall unless you are 7 foot+ (Yours has that part perfect)
The side flex of the zx2 will be awesome in this application.
Got to love innovative thinking.

Premium Features