• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Official details of the New Timbersled SnowBike system!

Timbersled

Premium Member
Apr 22, 2008
Here are some details of the Timbersled Mt. Horse SnowBike conversion kit.

Finally a conversion made with the mountain rider in mind.

For More information, http://www.timbersled.com/IndexSB.htm

So far, after 1500 miles of testing the unit has far exceeded our expectations. With riders from all abilities our goal of making a high quality conversion kit for your MX bike has been met. Complete mobility in the mountains and no compromise performance!

The deep snow capability of this unit, has been awesome... even on moderate power.

After the Jackson Hole Debut two weeks ago we had Timbersled demo days in Alpine Wyoming. A big thanks goes out to Dan Adams for hosting the event for us.

Those that took the opportunity to ride with us on the Demo Days in Alpine were blown away by the handling and deep snow Boondocking abilities.

Phil Yibarr at 208 Productions got some video that we hope to put together here in the very near future.

Come and see us at the Schweitzer Sledfest in Sandpoint on the 17th and 18th of this month.

With this new snow... our demo season will be extended.... details on events coming soon.

If you have any questions... feel free to call me at Timbersled products...best time to call is between 10am and 3pm M-F.
(208) 255-5644

=========================================================================================================

Page1photoimage2.jpg

Photoofpage2.jpg

Last edited:

Timbersled

Premium Member
Apr 22, 2008
Come and see us at the Schweitzer Sledfest!!

We'll be there, racing with the other snowbikes and showing off our gear!

1545SLEDFEST_Half.jpg

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I got to catch a glimpse of the pre-production kit in their shop when I was picking up my A-arms...tricked out is an understatement!! If you like to ride bikes, this kit definately takes it to the next level.

Different strokes for different folks, but I'm looking forward to seeing the video of it in action. It looks like it would be alot of fun to ride in the deep.

Fireman35

Lifetime Membership
Aug 11, 2009
Burlington,WI
Pretty slick bolt ons. I have a couple buddies that would prefer the dirt bike ride over the snowmobile. What would be the cost of shipping something like this to WI

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
When the snow bike idea was first being introduced I thought it was silly. I was definitally one of the skeptical guys.
You know the concerns. Hard starting, trenching, fuel limitations.
I no longer have these concerns. In fact, I'm convinced that a modern dirt bike is about 100X more reliable than a modern snowmobile. So that is a huge positive in my mind. The concern I do have are fork and shock seals. Have you guys had any issues blowing these? It's usually colder here in MN, but if we even look at our bikes funny in the winter they will start leaking. Maybe not as much of an issue out west. I assume they still jump pretty good.
I already ride my dirtbike 7 months out of the year so why not throw a leg over all year round?
No more clutching or belt woes. I could throw the bike in the truck rather than pull a trailer.
I love to ride trees. I do a lot of single track in the summer. This sure seems like an obvious move for someone like me. Now how do I come up with the $$$$$$. Might have to wait another year. :hurt:
Nice work Timbersled!

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Nice kit, definitely looks very well built, nice job!:beer;

I do have a question on the implementation though.

How do you make these legal to run on the trail to get to the good stuff?

I know around here we have had the same problems with the new side x side's... everyone is buying kits to convert them to tracks to run in the winter on the sled trails, but it is illegal to do so because they are not licensed to operate as a snowmobile and are therefore illegal on any groomed trail. I know in the state of Washington, once you license something for a particular use (off road vehicle) you can't just change the use and buy another license (sled license in this case).

Has there been any thought along these lines or are people just going to run them? I've never seen any bikes running around here, and I wouldn't mind them as much as they probably wont tear things up near as much as a 4-track vehicle, but I thought I would ask the question.

just curious...:beer;

H

hurricane2

Nov 27, 2007
This is what snowbikes should have been years ago! There are lots of low hour 450's for sale right now, might just have to grab one up!

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
you guys just keep raising the bar...!!!!...service ..product...etc...i wish you guys all the best at Timbersled...!!!!

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
I'll say, these bikes are legit. We ride in Timbersleds back yard and see these bikes up there all the time. Now I've seen other brands around for years, even head to head with a Timbersled bike and let me tell you the difference is night and day. The Timbersled bike's flat go. The cool thing is they open up a whole entirely new type of riding that'd you could never do on a sled. Some of the tracks we see these bikes left really make you stop and say wow!

Oh, and i'm not a bike guy in the least, haven't ridden in 10 years, but these could change that!

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
If I get a bigbore thumper who wants to donate a timbersled kit to me?

I'm with Monte, for us midwest guys who ride bikes, this opens up a ton of chances....and it's cheaper to haul 2 bikes to the hills then 2 sleds.

now if only I had a 450 just laying around with a blanket made of 5 grand.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Nice kit, definitely looks very well built, nice job!:beer;

I do have a question on the implementation though.

How do you make these legal to run on the trail to get to the good stuff?

I know around here we have had the same problems with the new side x side's... everyone is buying kits to convert them to tracks to run in the winter on the sled trails, but it is illegal to do so because they are not licensed to operate as a snowmobile and are therefore illegal on any groomed trail. I know in the state of Washington, once you license something for a particular use (off road vehicle) you can't just change the use and buy another license (sled license in this case).

Has there been any thought along these lines or are people just going to run them? I've never seen any bikes running around here, and I wouldn't mind them as much as they probably wont tear things up near as much as a 4-track vehicle, but I thought I would ask the question.

just curious...:beer;

Great looking product, as an owner of another snowbike brand, I really like the approach angle..
In WA you simply dual reg as a snowmobile .. no big deal.. and not the same as a tracked vehicle.

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
ENJOY!!!!!

Here are some more pics VIDS are on the way from a few sled film places.

Allen has a work of art with this setup and how it performs in the deep snow. Not a "nock off" of another kit he is a innovator for sure and has always been this way even with his Timbersled skids.

Feel free to contact with MountainHorse, ME or Allen with any questions you may have.

2010_TIMBERSLED_BIKES_0120-Copy.jpg

2010_TIMBERSLED_BIKES_0213-Copy.jpg

2010_TIMBERSLED_BIKES_0344-Copy.jpg

2010_TIMBERSLED_BIKES_0353.jpg

2010_TIMBERSLED_BIKES_0387.jpg

2010_TIMBERSLED_BIKES_0412.jpg

2010_TIMBERSLED_BIKES_0586.jpg

T

tfrick821

Nov 27, 2007
eastern ia
Here are some more pics VIDS are on the way from a few sled film places.

Allen has a work of art with this setup and how it performs in the deep snow. Not a "nock off" of another kit he is a innovator for sure and has always been this way even with his Timbersled skids.

Feel free to contact with MountainHorse, ME or Allen with any questions you may have.

2010_TIMBERSLED_BIKES_0120-Copy.jpg

2010_TIMBERSLED_BIKES_0213-Copy.jpg

2010_TIMBERSLED_BIKES_0344-Copy.jpg

2010_TIMBERSLED_BIKES_0353.jpg

2010_TIMBERSLED_BIKES_0387.jpg

2010_TIMBERSLED_BIKES_0412.jpg

2010_TIMBERSLED_BIKES_0586.jpg

Anyway to get higher res pics of 4,5, and 7? I think I just found new wallpaper for my desktop

Premium Features