• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My Sled is Finally DONE!

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
As many of you know, i started my project sled for this year in June. I kept the same sled as last year (2009 RMK (not dragon) 800 with a BD turbo. at the end of last season everything was stock on the sled, except for the turbo, and the cr racing tunnel sides.

Over the sumer we installed a full hood/tunnel vinyl wrap from Arctic FX Graphics, based off their bombsquad print with a little 208 productions flare. Once this was installed it was time for a tunnel make over with a custom set of Better Boards so i met rob in Mccall and dropped my sled off with him. The boards project ended up being a lot more work than either one of us had anticipated but it turned out AMAZING! Once i had my sled back from rob, it was time to strip the sled down to the bare minimums. I pulled the motor and shipped it off to Indy Dan as well as my primary clutch. to have the motor blue printed and the torque master bottom end installed and have the primary properlly balanced. once the motor was out of my way it was time to pull the front tunnel cooler. i replaced the cooler with a sheet of uhmw plastic, giving me a little more clearance in the front of the tunnel and a way slicker surface to help with snow evacuation. next i installed fire n ice headlight intake, side intake, windsheild intake, lower side pannel, shock tower, and stirrup vents, and front bumper on my sled. Paul powder coated all of the vents black and they turned out amazing! really tied the whole package together in helping me accomplish my goal of getting as much fresh air to the turbo as possible. After the vents were installed it was time for the new 15.5 gallon gas tank from Trail Tanks it was a simple straight forward install that fit perfectly in the place of the stock tank and the seat fit perfectly on top with the new moto style rear seat bracket. Now it was time for the new Timbersled Mtn Tamer Rear suspension and Barkbusters front suspension with the Extreme Terrain Spindles. i drove up to sandpoint and Allen helped/showed me how to install everything and how the suspension should work. While doing the rear suspension install we also installed an AC powerclaw 153" 90 durometer track. along with 8 tooth 3.0" whal bro drivers. Allen noticed that when replacing the tunnel last year i had a few to many beers during the project and didnt put the rear suspension brackets in square they were off by about a 1/4 inch, so then it was time to make some custom drop down brackets for the rear suspension. i had a local fab shop make the new ones resemble the old ones in shape, but had them extend them all the way out to the outside of the running boards for extra support. with the rear suspension taken care of it was time to find some new shocks for the front. the W/E airs just werent cutting it, especially with me not running a sway bar. So after many shock discussions i decided to go with the W/E needle shocks, mainly for the adjustability and also because they matched the color scheme of my sled. with the sled almost back together i decided to swap out the bar set up. Decided to go with RSI's carbon fiber race bars, extra hot heaters, billet throttle block, odi grips, 8" single bolt risers and black with white bar pad. all of the above took place over the last 4 months, my motor got back form Indy Dan thursday and was installed this morning. and i have to say i was like a little kid at christmas when i opened up the box from indy dan. I was really impressed with the packaging that Dan does on the engines. came in a super reinforced box, with blown foam cartridges in plastic bags that fit the motor so snug it couldnt move at all.
Here are a few pictures of the final product.

The engine

and before anyone asks yes this pipe is powdercoated and no i am not running it. it will come off after our last show this weekend in spokane and get replaced with either a ceramic coated pipe, or a fully header wrapped pipe.

i need to give a big thanks to Eric, Mtnhorse here on the forums for helping me with this build. He is a class act guy that gave me many ideas for my sled and stuck his neck out there for me and helped me get everything i wanted/needed accomplished. THANK YOU ERIC!

Last edited:
J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
thanks guys, you can order the vents from fire n ice powder coated but you have to call to place your order or email Paul, there is a small additional charge for the coating but it is very reasonable. the hifax's you can get from WPS they have many different colors. and as far as the lefty throttle goes i've never really been a fan, and last year i never used my mtn bar and i think the bars look cleaner with out one.

NDRMK

Premium Member
Mar 3, 2008
North Dakota
Great looking sled!! I just have to ask, what's the est. dry weight? Sweeeeet sled with lots of power no matter what it weighs!!!:beer;:beer;:face-icon-small-hap

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Where'd ya find the red fuel tank nut? That is the faschizzle. :face-icon-small-hap

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Great build Jeremy and thanks for all the close up pictures! Do you know how much trouble you are getting the rest of us in??? Now all of us are trying to figure out how we can buy goodies without our wives finding out!

"It was free, they're sponsoring me" LOL

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
its the stock fuel tank nut that i put about 20 coats of red crylon paint and a few more layers of clear coat on. as far as the dry weight goes i really dont know... i'm guessing about 40lbs lighter than stock... i am planning on taking it down to the seed plant hopefully this week and weighing it, full of fuel (16 gallons), full tank of oil, full turbo oil tank and full of coolant, so a legit wet weight.

skyman

Premium Member
Mar 31, 2008
Nice looking sled J
I ordered a t-kit for mine this year hope it shows up soon can't wait to try it out :D:beer;:beer;

Premium Features