• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boards vs Eliminators

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
i can see your point there if they are attached to the tunnel, when large amounts of weight is put down on the boards it might start tweaking the sides too

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
Better boards for sure, I just installed a set of another brand on the wife's sled and they aren't engineered near as well. :eek:

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
And shwee's sled as well....me thinks you are going to spend most of the winter in the kitchen doing dishes....and what boards are on mags sled?....

lol.... mine has better boards hers has another company's modified version of better boards, re-modified by Mag to work as they should have been designed :D

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
i think im going to order the better boards..... but has any one installed the meethooker boards?

good idea...other wise you could end up like mag...super trick sled sitting in the garage all winter cause ya cant get a kitchen pass...:D

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Go to www.snowmobilebetterboards.com and check them out. Easy, safe, and fast online ordering from a real aftermarket parts manufacturing company. Here today, STRONGER TOMORROW! With Snowmobile Better Boards you get a warranty, damage replacement, the best designs, the best manufacturing processes, vast multi-product experience, extensive testing (now over a MILLION SNOWMOBILE MILES in use) the most popular brand of this product in the business, the industries most advanced surface coating process, and exceptional customer service. All that equals not only the highest quality product for now, it equals the best overall value down the road.

When doing your direct comparison of the two products in question for your sled you should pay particular attention to how the Better Boards perfectly fit the COMPLETE running boards and don't leave your rear suspension bracket exposed or the front footwell. Several of the off brands are leave the rear suspension bracket exposed which is ugly and weak since that is a supporting and structural section. Also note extensive testing has gone into the evacuation hole position, size, as well as the cleat height, and bend angle. The results give you the best possible performance, while maintaining excellent structural integrity, as well as a clean factory like appearance.

WARNING: do not rivet and apply support metal to the base or bottom section of the Polaris IQ RAW chassis tunnel or you may experience metal fatigue and a catastrophic failure. The structural support comes from the the outer rail connected to and supported by the steering hoop, the rear suspension bracket, and the upper rolled tunnel support in the rear.

When you think about cutting a giant hole in your running boards on a $10,000 snowmobile you BETTER have the world's best aftermarket insert going on top of it! That $50 you saved on an inferior product can really come back to haunt you.

ORDER DIRECT ONLINE OR CALL 1-877-292-0635
Polaris-RMK-IQ-RAW-155-163-birdseye.jpg

Polaris-IQ-RMK-RAW-155-163-side-WEBSITE.jpg

Polaris.jpg

C
Oct 22, 2008
MN
I put better boards on mine, I heard that the snow elimantors crack the bulk head cause ot the support that runs on the side of the tunnel-the tunnel has no place to flex so it brakes the tunnel/bulkhead under the gas tank

I put better boards on mine, I heard that the snow elimantors crack the bulk head cause ot the support that runs on the side of the tunnel-the tunnel has no place to flex so it brakes the tunnel/bulkhead under the gas tank

a guy could cut the tunnel section off the snow eliminators so it dont crack the bulk head, then they would look like BB, BUT
i like the length of the better boards tho, go right to the end of the running board, SEs dont

A

auggie11

Dec 10, 2007
Longmont, CO
I'm not in here to bash one brand or another just my opinion as I have gotten to ride both BB and Meethookers. I loved my BB's except in the very front near the foot well. That slick surface will let your feet slam up into the footwell. Meathookers boards have the rear facing cleats in the front that gives you the confidence that your foot isn't gonna end up slammed in the front of a footwell on one of those cornice drops or any other situation it may occur in. So for me I like the Meathooker's Feethookers boards better, have a lil better cost and they held up just as good as BB's. Its all personal opinion. I still have BB's on one of my 09 Dragons, but will be ordering another set of meathookers for my 2010 TD800.... my opinion so to any of those out there who choose to bash, bash away as the thread asked for an opinion.

Thanks

Aug

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
dragon boards

I have the black better boards and they work great. What I would like to see now would be a more aggressive and taller edgeing on the foot well. I have seen guys build these out of AC M series edges on some models. I think some one could make a new edge that just riveted on that brought the edge height up to the height of the BB.

Ryan-41

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Cheyenne, Wyoming
www.myspace.com
My new M7 has Sno-Elimanators on it, you guys are talking like they are really bad...I don't want to crack the bulk head...should i take them off????:eek::eek::eek: They look really nice.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
Been running the better boards on my 08 for 2 seasons (2k miles).
Love em.
I have zero problem with the front strength of the BBs.
I'm 6'2" 245, trust me, there is plenty of strength in the BBs.

As for them being "too slick" up near the foot well, I just inverted a couple pop rivets. Problem solved.
I don't want any extra cleats up near the foot well. That extra cleat (or cleats) could very easily trap your foot in the footwell.
Only time my feet are near the footwell is when I am sitting down.

Premium Features