• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ATTN: Land closure in Colorado!! AGAIN!! Need snowesters NOW!!

B
Apr 13, 2004
GJ COLO
Forward to your family & friends------>>

This may be our only chance to comment before Congress closes more of OUR public lands in Colorado.
The enviromentalists are attempting to close some of the best recreation areas in Colorado. Ex. Umcompadgre Plateau, Flattops above Rifle, New Castle and Dotsero, Bangs Canyon, Little bookcliffs, the list is massive and totaling nearly 1 million acres.
I plead with you as my friends, coworkers, and loved ones to take 5 minutes and express your OBJECTION to any closures.

If not, your next vacation in Colorado may be very different and not include: mountain biking, 4x4's, motorcycles, snowmobiling, etc.
The proposal is for wilderness designation bans all motor vehicles, bicycles, chainsaws, climbing, and fishing or hunting that requires the above.

Please make a difference, let your voice be heard before its a LAW..........
If your from outside Colorado, please use this link to find your representatives: http://www.congress.org/congressorg/directory/congdir.tt
It's simply, tell them when they see a wilderness bill regardless of State, vote NO!!

John Salazar[/B]
Washington, D.C. Office:
326 Cannon House Office Building,
District of Columbia 20515-0603
Phone: (202) 225-4761
Fax: (202) 226-9669

Grand Junction Office: (more district offices)
225 North 5th Street, Suite 702
Grand Junction, Colorado 81501
Phone: (970) 245-7107
Fax: (970) 245-2194
Grand Junction Office:
225 North 5th Street, Suite 702
Grand Junction, Colorado 81501
Phone: (970) 245-7107
Fax: (970) 245-2194
Pueblo Office:
134 West B Street
Pueblo, Colorado 81003
Phone: (719) 543-8200
Fax: (719) 543-8204

Durango Office:
813 Main Avenue, Suite 300
Durango, Colorado 81301
Phone: (970) 259-1012
Fax: (970) 259-9467
Doug Lamborn
Washington, D.C. Office:
437 Cannon House Office Building,
District of Columbia 20515-0605
Phone: (202) 225-4422
Fax: (202) 226-2638

Colorado Springs Office: (more district offices)
1271 Kelly Johnson Boulevard, Suite 110
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80920
Phone: (719) 520-0055
Fax: (719) 520 0840

Colorado Springs Office:
1271 Kelly Johnson Boulevard, Suite 110
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80920
Fax: (719) 520 0840

Buena Vista Office:
415 Main Street
Buena Vista, Colorado 81211
Fax: (719) 520-0840

Last edited:
B
Apr 13, 2004
GJ COLO
Were mad, werer fed up, and we're not gonna take it anymore!!

Bangs canyon is some of the narliest single track in mesa cty, i ride it from my house!!! 3 mi from where i type this now........but i can not comment to this closure because i am outside of district 1..................................furious!!! ....................wth..........!!!!!!

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
They might as well put a fence around the entire fu^king state!

I think these people see YoBama as a one-termer and know their window of opportunity is now.

This is the same ilk that *saved* the NFL from El Rushbo today.

MD.

Last edited:
S

slopoke

Nov 11, 2008
Montrose, CO
Sorry to be an ignoramus but can anyone tell me the counties that comprise district #1? Definitely take the time to read the proposal -- +/- 500,000 acres included. Holy sh*t!

B

bdubs

Nov 26, 2007
You are def not in district 1. Please call the D.C # and let her know...

here is a link...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado's_1st_congressional_district

File:US-Congressional-District-CO-1.PNG

F
Aug 24, 2009
Westminster, CO
So I can call the DC number and they won't care that I'm not in District #1? Or do they just not ask for an address. I can find addresses in the district if I have too.

In any case I have written Mr. Polis, district 2's rep. http://polis.house.gov/Contact/

Here's what I wrote. I hope there are not too many grammatical errors.

Mr. Polis,
I am a 13yr resident of Summit County otherwise known as Colorado's Playground. I enjoy living here for the recreational opportunities that my proximity to the mountains provides. I am moved to write you to express my opposition any legislation that would restrict activities that I currently enjoy in the national forest, namely snowmobiling.
Your peer from district #1, Ms. Degette is currently seeking comment from the public regarding the Colorado Wilderness Act 2009. Seen here: http://degette.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=844&Itemid=189

This proposed legislation would directly affect my enjoyment of our national forest. Currently 33% of the White River National Forest is already designated as wilderness and thereby restricted to motorized use. Adding more wilderness to this area will devastate businesses which rely on snowmobile and OHV rentals, service and guiding in Summit County. In the current economic environment we cannot afford to lose the taxes these businesses provide.
In addition to the business impact of added Wilderness designations in Summit County, there is the fact that some of these lands fail to meet the definition of wilderness as described by the Wilderness Act of 1964. Specifically the Hoosier Ridge proposed area, which includes high voltage power lines.
I urge you to convey the opposition of your constituents to the Ms. Degette's Colorado Wilderness Act proposal.
Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

Emailed to all my county commisioners and State Parks.

Last edited:

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I'm in the 5th dist. and Just emailed Doug Lamborn.

I did use most of Fataldata's post, just personalized it for me.

B
Apr 13, 2004
GJ COLO
update:

after consulting the WRFA folks, they suggest we focus on our indiividual rep/congressman for our districts. That wo-man that's pushing this is going to ignore us to her best ability and our BEST chances are to sway our reps----Udaull, Bennett and Salazar. Look for more info to come this weekend, i'm working on it!!

Ray

G
go figure some (C word) from the front range wants to close land she probably hasn't ever seen or never will see. probably hasn't even been outside of the metro area sept maybe a heli trip or two to vail & beaver creek to ski with the snobs

Wrote my letter this AM and hope this gets stopped

W
Dec 1, 2007
Cañon City, CO
Here's My Comment to Her......

Ms. Degette,
I'm sure that as soon as you see that I am 110% against your Wilderness Act you will not read this any further, but here it goes anyway.
I'm not sure what District I'm in but I am a rare thing that is called a Colorado Native. In my 37 years of being an avid outdoorsman it saddens me that my children will never get to see the things I've seen in Colorado due to the continuous land closures brought on by out of touch legislators like yourself that don't believe in protecting the land for the people but against the people. I believe that compromise with people from your side of the debate is useless. It will never be enough until you have the whole State of Coloardo designated as Wilderness Area. The economic impact that just the areas that I'm familiar with will be substantial. I guess as long as it is not your family or friend's business or livelyhood at stake then it's okay with you and your constituents. Your video talks about preserving these areas for generations to come....well how are elderly and handicapped people suppose to enjoy these areas?? It scares me that our country is quickly being taken over by people like yourself and our current president that want to have total control of everything people are allowed to do. It's amazing that people of your position aren't intelligent enough to realize where this country is headed. I believe you should try practicing some of what you preach, in that I'm referring to "Leave No Trace". The tracks your kind leave will never fade away and have damaging effects that can never be reversed.

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Just got an email for the hidden gems open house... Who all's going? With any luck I should be able to make it out there. Any other snowesters going to be present?

S

SledsWest

Sep 4, 2009
Sanpete County, UT
www.quadswest.com
She is the rep for the downtown Denver area. If you wanna write her, use one of these physical addresses to get past her website's screening attempt (they are real addresses downtown and it worked when I used it):

1099 18th St
Denver, CO 80202

1999 Broadway
Denver, CO 80202

1125 17th St
Denver, CO 80202

Last edited:
S

SledsWest

Sep 4, 2009
Sanpete County, UT
www.quadswest.com
Heres my letter...feel free to use it as you wish:

I am writing to you about the Colorado Wilderness Act of 2009 and my very strong OPPOSITION to it! I do not agree with you at all on this issue and it is my strong convicition that you are taking PUBLIC lands from not only Colorado residents but from tourism as well. This bill will have many seriously negative economic impacts throughout our state and it will not be saving the environment, rather putting up a proverbial fence around the designated area to keep 90% of the PUBLIC out of these lands. That is not fair to those of us that pay taxes to legally enjoy those areas with our families and friends. Outdoor recreation is very important to me and my family and this would stifle all future memories I have yet to create with my children in your "wilderness".

P
Jan 17, 2008
During the Bush Admin I had a very good contact for this sort of crap. Not anymore unfortunately. Secretary of Interior was good friends of our neighbors and spent a few days at our home one summer. Doubt she can do anything with this Administration of Communists however. I will ask her about it.

Where does a person draw the line. The madness going on in this country has got to stop.

Premium Features