• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Build number 2 this year

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Picked up an 09 Dragon 800 163" track today, the girl friends new sled... will be stripping it down tomarrow for some powdercoating and goodies.. heres a couple pics, will post some more when i'm done
as of now the sled has
Fastrax drop and roll kit, wild child gas rack w/ led tail light, modified snow eliminators (which will definately have to get swapped out with some BETTER BOARDS!) slp vents all the way around, w/e shock guards. will be powdercoating the rails, front and rear bumpers, bar mounts, and spindles. adding a skinz super Q can, possible seat cover, full hood/tunnel wrap from ArcticFX, and whatever else i can think of a long the way.

Last edited:
D

DragonFreak

Nov 29, 2007
Heber Ut
Dang that thing is going to be sweet. you should help me get my sled looking and running like a top. we need to ride this year

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
SOME PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE ALOUD TO WORK ON SNOWMOBILES!!!:mad:
i thought it was kind of odd that it looked like this when we got it

little did i know that the dumb chit welded the snow eliminators directly to the tunnel and bulk head, as show'n in the following picture. WTF is the point of this? besides ruining a good tunnel! i have never been so angry while wrenching on sleds before! my rant is now over enjoy the pics

hey rob, would you like another project? i think you'd have 50+ hours into fixing this garbage

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
I'll bet you are going through everything after finding that mess. I wonder if they messed up on the installation and had to booger in a weld?

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Holy CHIT! Where all those rivets missing when you got it? . I bet you where pizzed that is some shadetree BS for sure.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
no the rivets were all there.. i was pulling them off and goin to put some coated better boards on... but now i've ran into a little speedbump and dont know if i want to risk fracturing the bulkhead or the tunnel body by busting out the grinder to seperate all that crap... i'm sleeping on it tonight and will figure it out tomarrow...:mad:

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
nice! you picked up a back up seld for you just incase, not that your bd turbo sled would ever give you problems but you never know
i wish i bought a 163 every time i see one

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
well ive decided to leave it the way it is for now with the ugly weld job, but at the end of this season it will be getting swapped out with a VE tunnel. and just to clarify because she gets on here from time to time, my girl friend bought the sled i didnt, i'm just her free mechanic and belive in lots of early christmas presents to get her sled ready for the snow:):beer;

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Holy crap Jeremy!

Worse...Whittaker why would you even want them! (that ain't a question that is a statement) I think there is a bit of a lesson in this situation...you don't see it?

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Jeremy, while you're at it, you should try the Red Better Boards from Rob. I put a set on my 09 Turbo. Whew, they look good with the white hood and red SLP Powder Pros! Thanks Rob! It has been in the shop at Carl's and I know that they have showed it off to a lot of people. Much cooler looking than the black ones that I had on my 08 with the same functionality!

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Bob get some photos up if you can! I've heard there are raves about the red Better Boards. I did some blue and red's to take and show everyone at the Denver Snow show this weekend. I'm doing some deep blue on our 660 when we get done with the snow show circuit and I think they will look sweet too. I'm partial to that red though! My favorite all time look is still Juli Marquart from Thunderstruck Films' sweet red turbo apex.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Also there is a guy in town here that is painting and then overcoating Better Boards with a clear coat. He did a set for his buddy that are carbon fiber look. Supposed to be very cool...I have to test durability and then we might offer some really wicked custom painted models for the very discerning.

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
:eek:Did you even get a chance to look it over before she bought it?

I'd be pist.........Definetly something I'm gonna have to tell my buddies to look out for if they ever purchase sleds with snow eliminators.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
yeah we took the sled in on trade last year so i knew the sled inside and out, except for the welds he had them covered up very well. the sled came to us last year because of electrical issues... ended up replacing the stator, ecu and voltage regulator and i guarantee you it is all because he didnt unplug the ecu while it was welded on. will be installing the new update on it this sunday so i will get to see how the motor looks on the inside, but the sled only has 1000 miles and the rear skid/track hasnt been on the snow... everything else so far looks good except for the weld job on the snow eliminators.

Premium Features