• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OFT to the mountain... it's a 153" Phizzer stretch

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
Well, it's a well known fact that the OEM Maverick tracks on Yammi's are junk.

I figured as long as I was going to tear every thing apart, I might as well do it up right. Stay tuned to this thread to see the results...

I will be stretching a MTX Phazer to 153" with OFT Racing rail x-stensions, installing a 153 x 14 x 2.5" Camo Extreme (custom cut by OFT Racing), adding Nytro 3.00 pitch drivers (including the extros), and installing 8" OFT Racing billet wheels on the rear axle.

Here is the project sled and the goods... It's an "oh nine" Phizzer MTX...

PhizzerStretch1.JPG

PhizzerStretch2.JPG

PhizzerStretch%203.JPG

PhizzerStretch%204.JPG

PhizzerStretch%205.JPG

827revdog

Jun 18, 2008
michigan
looks like a fun project moto. nice table of parts. your right the track sucks. those rail extensions look like some nice pieces.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
I miss my phazer the most fun sled i have ever rode. just wish there was way a to squeeze out 230 reliable hp and i'd have one back in a second.

MtnMaxMod

Premium Member
Oct 31, 2008
N. Idaho
oh my lord those are some amazing lookin wheels. Cant wait till mine are done :D

should be a neat little sled when she's done

does OFT even sponsor? i wouldn't mind reppin you guys :)

TreewellDweller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
McCall, Idaho
Are you going to reposition the skid? I have been hearing that the approach angle needs to be improved. I understand the Maverick track is lacking, but what do you feel about the approach angle? I'll be keeping tabs on your thread and am curious as to how it turns out.

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
Are you going to reposition the skid? I have been hearing that the approach angle needs to be improved. I understand the Maverick track is lacking, but what do you feel about the approach angle? I'll be keeping tabs on your thread and am curious as to how it turns out.

That is a VERY good question!

Actually, the phazer hyfax are exactly the same length as the Nytro. The approach angle is lower than the Nytro, and I really don't see it as an issue.
Somehow, Yammi was able to put the same footprint on the ground (lengthwise anyway) with a 144" as they did with a 153"... it's amazing the things they figure out, and the things they don't.

In my calculations, with a 153" on the OEM Phizzer rails, I will have the same track length of a 162" on OEM Nytro rails touching the ground.

Couple that with the 14 5/8" width I can stuff under the tunnel, and we are looking at an almost equal setup, with the exception that the Phizzer has a better approach angle....

...and 60 less HP :rolleyes:

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
alright, a few more pics...

First of all, I urge all Phizzer owners to drain the chaincase and remove the cover to check for water. This sled has less than 200 miles on it, and when I drained it I got a couple of ounces of water from the case. The water has also started to corrode the chaincase cover as seen in the first pic below...

Phizz3.JPG

Phizz2.JPG

Phizz1.JPG

Phizz4.JPG

Phizz5.JPG

Phizz6.JPG

Phizz7.JPG

Phizz8.JPG

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com

Got some more Japanese goodies to install...

I decided on a 17/46 gearset. The Nytro drivers are about 4% larger than the Phizzer drivers, which RAISES the gear ratio. I wanted to LOWER the ratio by 0.1 to 0.2, so that gave me either a 45 or 46 bottom gear choice. I hate trails, and avoid them whenever possible. I went even lower with the 46, and that requires the longer chain as well.

If I run into RPM issues, it can be ironed out with some weight in the primary.

I also decided to go with the 2500 torsion springs. You can see the difference in size and twist in the pics below:

PhizzerStretch8.JPG

PhizzerStretch9.JPG

PhizzerStretch10.JPG

PhizzerStretch11.JPG

Last edited:
Premium Features