• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Poor sled...t1000

C

CatRyder88

Dec 6, 2007
The fuel line goes nowhere near the jackshaft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be checkin wells!

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
i was up there yesterday. he had got the sled back i believe the week before, had a fire from the same deal but they got it out that time so he took it in, obviously they didnt fix it. anyway this time there was no putting it out with a full tank of fuel this time. literally all that was left was the engine, a arms and spindles, rear suspension arms, and the cross pieces from inside of the track. We tied the a arms to the motor, then tied down low and drug the motor and spindles and a arm out in one piece, then they went back and picked the rest of it up in a couple garbage bags.

Hotchief

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2005
Normandy Park, WA
Yikes, What an event.
The 2nd photo almost looks like an 800 w/ telescoping post, but you guys would know...
Since it just came from the shop you would think that previous threats would have been eliminated.
Nice avatar by the way.:devil:

BLIJAS

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
BELLINGHAM, WA
Saved mine.

I call bs on the fuel line rubbing the jack shaft. About a month ago in Idaho
riding I noticed a gas smell and stopped to investigate. Gas was pouring out
my tank shroud by my left foot. Took shroud off and the return line to the tank fitting was half out of the tank. It was pumping a ton of fuel out, had pools of fuel under the clutches. The rubber grommet that holds the 90 degree fitting was ripped about half way down. Needless to say A/C was very anxious to get my entire fual tank back to the factory for review..They put a entire new tank on it. Something to keep an eye on though...

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
Lol i would be over there unbolting shocks as she burned!!! Hahaha.

Sucks :( i hope the dealer eats it cause theres nothing more that pisses me off then having to take a machine back for the same problem twice...

-Aksnopro

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
iT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS FULLY INSURED

no attemp to throw snow on it, and minimize the fire, Insured let it burn to the ground then you know there's no bs from the insurance company

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I had a rocket go up in flames on me one time. The speed that it goes from a very small fire to a large fire is scary fast. Hope no one got hurt.

S

Spud

Mar 5, 2003
Lewistown,MT-USA
no attemp to thro it, and minimize the fire, Insured let it burn to the ground then you know there's no bs from the insurance company

av8er, they tried putting it out with no-luck. I also believe the dealer is replacing the sled.

B

BAD MONKEY

Mar 21, 2011
Gunnison, Colorado
CAT ASTROPHY

HOT DOG COOKER GONE BAD, SEAT WARMER SET TOO HIGH, DIVORCE SETTLEMENT ( OK, YOU CAN HAVE THE SLED HONEY), I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE 800 OR JUST WANTED TO SEE WHAT IT WOULD LOOK LIKE IN ORANGE!

Premium Features