• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone with belt probs have a look

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
I personally havent had any probs with my sled, but a couple of my buddies have blown belts. A couple dealers we have talked to say that we need to get up Cats a** sideways with emails, letters, phone calls etc. I figured this might help by posting the phone number for cats customer service 2186819851. Everyone should at least call once so we can let them know how much its costing everyone and is going to cost them in the end if they dont make it right for us.

M

Mlosey131

Sep 28, 2011
I personally havent had any probs with my sled, but a couple of my buddies have blown belts. A couple dealers we have talked to say that we need to get up Cats a** sideways with emails, letters, phone calls etc. I figured this might help by posting the phone number for cats customer service 2186819851. Everyone should at least call once so we can let them know how much its costing everyone and is going to cost them in the end if they dont make it right for us.

I agree I'm on my third belt and I wanna ride not worrie about blowing belts on this POS. And thats one thing they were bragging about was how awesome the belt life was gonna be and as far as I'm concerned that's false advertisement cause three belts in 400 miles is not good belt life and I know that's good compared to alot of guys.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
Agreed, i called and the lady acted like she never heard of such things. She strait offended me and as cat loyal as i am, (have bought a new cat every other year for the last 8 years) i will be looking at another brand after this season if they do not take care of me. I have been patient. No dealers will even do anything for me.

I have been able to handle 3 broken diamond drives, several other issues, with smiles and a it happens mentality cause cat always stepped up to the plate to help me.

They are going to feel a wave of cat loyalist flock away if they don't admit theres an issue and help us out. Doo at least gave there guys belts till they figured it out.

I have blown 6 belts now in 500 miles.

Have had it at 3 different dealers not one helping the issue.

Cat can you here me? I can handle issues, i cant handle someone completely offending me telling me the issue is belt break in. 100% offending and strait bull****. I can handle your piss *** design for deep snow plastics i can handle the updates i can handle just about anything mechanically that fails that you will fix and make better if i know your working on it. But i will not take a belt every 50 miles with no answers to why or advise or anything i can do to make it better. This is ridiculous and Your going to get someone hurt when a belt blows up at an bad time.

Your building anger in all your customers one belt at a time.

I have never had a brand new sled with an issue that dealers tell me theres nothing wrong and give me the sled back.

When this is all said and done if you try an wash this under the table, i will walk away from this brand.

You have had time, you have snow now, figure it the F out.

-Aksnopro

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
Cat is well aware of the issues and is developing a fix.. Whether us 2012 owners get the fix or not is still not known.. Hopefully, they do the right thing.

In the mean time.. I have over 400 miles and 200 of them very hard on the 083 belt with the strap installed and the belt is great.. So, at minimum, install the $5.00 strap fix and ride until Cat gives us a better option.. At least that way you do not blow anymore belts

I receive calls everyday of others who have done this simple fix and are having great succes as well.. very simple and very effective..

Other.. you MUST FIX all the snow inlet areas or nothing will work.. ANY amount of snow on the clutches will destroy a belt in short order.. So, please be sure to get those huge holes plugged or covered with prefilter material..

Kelsey

Last edited:
R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
Kelsey i have 3 sleds with the strap on i think its great for tightness feeling of the sled and noise, but its not fixing our belt issue here in AK.

-Aksnopro

Interesting.. LIke I mentioned.. I speak to many every week that it has fixed their issues and has certainly fixed mine.. Make sure that the strap is actually tight and holding the TCL in place.. I have had mine loosen up and the problems reappear.. Use a pry bar under the primary and make a mark on the TCL above the strap's top.. If htis mark moves when you pry up from under the primary, then the strap is not doing its job..
It much be tight and alignment must be correct.

I actually have some insight as to what Cat has determined to be the issue..
Please do not ask me because I am not at liberty to disclose.. also I do not fully agree with their fix but it will help.. But they know their is an issue and have been investigating it.. Hopefully, they give it to us as a "update", if not, I would not blame anybody for jumping ship.. Just make sure you jump to the right ship..

I also know what DOO is going to unveil in FEB and it is going to be a game changer for those with deep pockets..

IMO, this Pro Climb is still the sled to own, just a bit premature in its release..
Give Cat a chance..let's see if they step up..

Kelsey

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Don't make me eat my words, ??? Is it easier to put a cat in a Pro-RMK, well I doubt it but if I can't ride my modded cat because I can't get a belt it would have been a heII of a lot more fun.

Either way, I know guys that left cat over belt issues on m1000's and this run is far worse. So cat had better at least start warrantying belts. We ride Mountain sleds in the mountains.

Some of us would rather try to fix it and fail, rather than be left in the dark, someone needs to leak some info.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
Kelsey mines tight my buddys came loose and wallard his bottom nut so i have been checking mine religiously i do still recommend your strap it makes my sled feel and sound so much tighter!

I have it at a dealer right now who seems to think an orange spring with the 42/40 helix and a 031 fire cat belt will work, "has fixed a few customers belt issues"

We will see, cat isnt giving any dealers any warranty money to change the clutching.... This issue has really seperated the good dealers from the bad here in ak!

-Aksnopro

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--In the SkiDoo forum rumors are they are buying out Boondocker, so maybe the "big news" will be a factory turbo two stroke option on a XP(if you prefer Boondocker and the XP)

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
--In the SkiDoo forum rumors are they are buying out Boondocker, so maybe the "big news" will be a factory turbo two stroke option on a XP(if you prefer Boondocker and the XP)

Ummm, Arctic Cat forum, Arctic cat thread, nothing about skidoo rumors, turbos, boondockers. thanks.

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
I feel bad for you guys. This is starting to resemble the Polaris Top End debacle on the 08-10's. I know dealers can't bite the hand that feeds, but it sure would be nice if they were more sympathetic to those that have had problems. Hell, I don't even own a Pro-Climb and I want to make a call for you.

X

Xrider

Jul 9, 2001
Montana
It must be something fairly simple if some sleds are having probs but others aren't. Has anyone really looked at two side by side that have and don't have problems to see what the difference is? I like the new Cat, hope they get it sorted out.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
Every sled i have seen in ak is pulling cords. I threw a left handed carve on a mediocre hill checkout the damage

a6cd8eb0-fa45-cfa2.jpg

Theres an issue across the board if you cant carve to the left.... I dont think this is there pulling cord issue, just fit n finish. But still nobody at cat threw the sled on its side before launch?

My cowling has finally melted all the way through now too. We will see what they come up with for that too!

Getting less and less patient with this new kitty, freaking love me hate me relationship i got going with it is stressfull!

-Aksnopro

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I feel bad for you guys. This is starting to resemble the Polaris Top End debacle on the 08-10's. I know dealers can't bite the hand that feeds, but it sure would be nice if they were more sympathetic to those that have had problems. Hell, I don't even own a Pro-Climb and I want to make a call for you.

The issue is cat doesn't understand what mountain riding really is.

B

Banshee AL

Feb 15, 2003
Halfway OR
With all the problems with the new 800s has any one lost a motor yet due to the belt dreadlocks getting behind the clutch and tearing out the crank seal?:face-icon-small-sad

Every sled i have seen in ak is pulling cords. I threw a left handed carve on a mediocre hill checkout the damage

a6cd8eb0-fa45-cfa2.jpg

Theres an issue across the board if you cant carve to the left.... I dont think this is there pulling cord issue, just fit n finish. But still nobody at cat threw the sled on its side before launch?

My cowling has finally melted all the way through now too. We will see what they come up with for that too!

Getting less and less patient with this new kitty, freaking love me hate me relationship i got going with it is stressfull!

-Aksnopro

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
Interesting.. LIke I mentioned.. I speak to many every week that it has fixed their issues and has certainly fixed mine.. Make sure that the strap is actually tight and holding the TCL in place.. I have had mine loosen up and the problems reappear.. Use a pry bar under the primary and make a mark on the TCL above the strap's top.. If htis mark moves when you pry up from under the primary, then the strap is not doing its job..
It much be tight and alignment must be correct.

I actually have some insight as to what Cat has determined to be the issue..
Please do not ask me because I am not at liberty to disclose.. also I do not fully agree with their fix but it will help.. But they know their is an issue and have been investigating it.. Hopefully, they give it to us as a "update", if not, I would not blame anybody for jumping ship.. Just make sure you jump to the right ship..

I also know what DOO is going to unveil in FEB and it is going to be a game changer for those with deep pockets..

IMO, this Pro Climb is still the sled to own, just a bit premature in its release..
Give Cat a chance..let's see if they step up..

Kelsey

--RKT is the one that started started the DOO rumor

J
Oct 11, 2009
Iowa
Funny I just watched an episode of snowtrax and they said the TCL was the smartest thing cat ever did to help extend belt life!! Must not have rode it long enough? LOL

K

klasstruckin

Jan 22, 2011
the fix to these belt problems was fixed by jeff @ Dakota Performance in wishek, nd. The issue is actually in the chaincase as he has discovered at around 4 to 500 miles the screw setting the bearing tightly in chaincase for the jackshaft loosens up and allows secondary clutch to walk in and out of alignment hence big belt issues but a very easy fix...ps when resetting bearing retainer USE LOCTITE!!!!!! Good luck

Premium Features