• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PLEASE help me change my mind!!

I dont care who makes it.. 1st year sled is gonna have probs. You should know that and be prepared for that. Or dont buy one.

i have lived the same crap on my 10 M , all sorts dum little details
like cab stickers are chipping ans comming off

fill plug for d drive stripped ( i never abused of it with muscle grease)

High/Low beam switch riped out twice

exaust springs break

primary clutch spring broke

track tension bolt brocken

shaft between two rails bent

suspention arm broke

and a classic..............front lower arm bent:face-icon-small-dis

so that what you get with a cat...............still love the beast but my 08 IQ i had before was a charm................not much attention on that one ( 700 cc )

B
Nov 22, 2011
It sucks that it always seem to be this way. Very few 1st year sleds are perfect. You'd think with all the R&D and talk about that chassis being ridden by Cat for the past 4 years that they would have a lot less problems. I don't get it. Some guys just have to have the biggest and the best and sometimes they turn into the biggest headaches.

I work in manufacturing and no matter how much R&D goes in it is very difficult to predict full production manufacturing issues. When things are hand built it easy to fit things properly but when you go into full production it is much more challenging... Good manufacturers can work through these issues but it's a real challenge to make your numbers and deal with these issues as well. Arctic Cat probably had a laundry list of things for 13' models before the 12's even hit the snow but you just can't stop building sleds that are already ordered...
I bought a 2nd year M7 (2006 model) and they did quite a bit of minor things that made it a much more solid ride IMO...

My .02$....

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
Are you from Valcourt?!

Sounds more like abuse to me. Maybe a few riding lessons and instruction on how to hold a wrench are in order.:fish2:

exaust springs break

suspention arm broke

so that what you get with a cat...............still love the beast but my 08 IQ i had before was a charm................not much attention on that one ( 700 cc )

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
Glad to heat your giving it another shot! I for one could not be happier with my sled even with all I've been through! I stand by my guns that AC made a superior sled and will continue to have my support as a buyer! As long as they keep what they are doing I will be a life long AC fan bleeding green

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

Are you from Valcourt?!

Sounds more like abuse to me. Maybe a few riding lessons and instruction on how to hold a wrench are in order.:fish2:

riding lessons ........i dont thinks so , been riding deep snow for a while

by the way , you could spare the insults towards me:tape2::tape2:

come and ride in Quebec , an you will realise that the snow is less in abondance , and the rocks and stumps are not as deep as you can imagine.

I

Ihntdux

Nov 27, 2008
Bozeman
Sooooooooooooooo. Im in LOVE!! The steering mod is a MUST! Thanks Geo and Elvis, wow what a difference! I put on a hard 50 miles today on the trail, in meadows, and boondocking! I never once had to get off the sled to pull the skis around so I could make a tight corner in the trees. Sidehilling is amazing and even just carving through the meadows is a night and day difference! Thanks again for helping me make the decision to keep this beast! I can look past all the minor things now that I love the way it rides and handles!

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
See I knew you'd come around after reading your first few ride reports I had a hard time believing you wanted to sell and ride a poo :(

Glad to have ya back

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country

riding lessons ........i dont thinks so , been riding deep snow for a while

by the way , you could spare the insults towards me:tape2::tape2:

come and ride in Quebec , an you will realise that the snow is less in abondance , and the rocks and stumps are not as deep as you can imagine.

Don't take it personally, just foolin' with ya. I'm originally a flatlander and have thousands of miles in the ditches. Never had the misfortune of bending things up too badly over the years but I understand where you're coming from. Gotta admit bending up your sled is better than a good day at work though!

SSABMUD

Lifetime Membership
Oct 18, 2010
Red Deer, Alberta
whoa..really every one had or heard about a pro motor going boom? must be some crappy dealers for poo there..in our whole state I can document 1 motor going(kinked oil line) last season, and have only heard of a dozen or so others up till now on the forums...now you can say you think the cat is a better motor but you have to give the poo some credit..they have held up damn good to this point in time...

He obviously does not know what he is talking about. The pro has been an excellent machine out of the box. I looked at a Cat before getting another Pro, and decided at the time thought that it looked cool but was rushed and unfinished. I imagine there will be huge changes for next year.

Last edited:
Don't take it personally, just foolin' with ya. I'm originally a flatlander and have thousands of miles in the ditches. Never had the misfortune of bending things up too badly over the years but I understand where you're coming from. Gotta admit bending up your sled is better than a good day at work though!

tell you 2 things 1 your lucky to live and ride in Alberta

2 a lot of riders are bending/braking a chassis parts
here ( we are barey beginning to ride , 2 feet of
snow at this date ):face-icon-small-sad:face-icon-small-sad

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose

exaust springs break

suspention arm broke

How is any of this related to this post???

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
He obviously does not know what he is talking about. The pro has been an excellent machine out of the box. I looked at a Cat before getting another Pro, and decided at the time thought that it looked cool but was rushed and unfinished. I imagine there will be huge changes for next year.

I love the pro rmk but dont be ignorant. the crank bearings are failing. I live in ak and personally know 3 11 rmk's that have went down under 1200 miles. Not all fail and several have thousands of trouble free miles. But dont be ignorant to the facts....i could go on and on with several other issues they have too but im not getting into it, cause they all have issues....

Glad your back on track with your proclimb!! Ill be doing the steering mod shortly too! I can tell you that powder pros really helped the steering, flickability and control in a carve!

-Aksnopro

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
tell you 2 things 1 your lucky to live and ride in Alberta

2 a lot of riders are bending/braking a chassis parts
here ( we are barey beginning to ride , 2 feet of
snow at this date ):face-icon-small-sad:face-icon-small-sad

East of the Rockies pretty much sucks for riding. I'm not lucky to live here, I moved here out of choice. No luck with that. Right now we have NO snow. Back to the OP - good you're riding!

R

RidnHigh

Dec 2, 2007
Spokane Washington
a year old used cat,poo or doo in the spring are all worth about the same.not much.seen a 11 poo that everybody on here slobbers over(dont know why)on craigslist all summer for 5k.

Liar. Or it was totalled. :smile:

Glad to heat your giving it another shot! I for one could not be happier with my sled even with all I've been through! I stand by my guns that AC made a superior sled and will continue to have my support as a buyer! As long as they keep what they are doing I will be a life long AC fan bleeding green.

Bleeding Green is right, dont you only have the one ride on your sled before it blew up? Even if it was dealer setup issues, thirty miles doesnt warrant much of an opinion in my eyes.

All the cats in our group run well, and the steering mod seems to work good. All sleds have issues. Thats why they build replacement parts and have warranties.

Premium Features