• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PLEASE help me change my mind!!

I

Ihntdux

Nov 27, 2008
Bozeman
Alright this sled gets around awesome for the most part and is surprisingly strong and tough! But.....with all the $hit going on with it I'm getting little fed up! Fuel gauge saying full one second empty the next, jackshaft loosening up, plastics breaking and then only two of the four small screws holding down the hood, sloppy steering post, hood sitting on the pipe, all the noise coming from under the hood of stuff rattling together that shouldnt be, the gay sports bumper that one of the welds cracked just from picking up the front of the sled, the gapping dash hole that you gotta buy a goggle bag to complete, and not to mention the $hitty lack of turn radius that you gotta cut your bulkhead to make right! Don't get me wrong geo and Elvis did an awesome job of fixing this but seriously cat!! I understand this is the first years sled and there is gonna be issues but its kinda ridiculous! Brett is doing a great job of fixing and changing a lot of this stuff but why couldn't cat do that! It's all fine and dandy if you wanna throw the time and money into it but is it worth it? I understand its a sled that is made for the average rider but it is a mountain sled and that's why I bought it! Not to throw money at it to make it start to compete with the competitor! Maybe this is why cat don't really have any of the big names riding mountain sleds for them!

I'm plenty capable of doing the mods myself but I want a sled that I bring home and park it and not have to work on it! As of now its for sale and if someone gives me the cash its sold and I'm buying a Pro! I've bleed green and never looked the other direction but I'm seriously at wits end of having to worry about how its gonnna perform, is it gonna fall apart, or seize.

What do I do?

Last edited:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I feel for ya man...maybe go demo a pro just to see what you think of it and yours? ...tough choice..I was looking at aPC for this season, but chickened out and stayed on my 11 pro...

RickM

Premium Member
May 25, 2006
Central Wyoming
Lets See If I Can Rember

Yes there has been issues with the new Pro Climb. Most are stupid stuff that should have been corrected at the factory before final production. But I can remember my 09 M8 needed things done to get it to preform the way I liked.
Such as Clutching on drive and driven, helix change,shift assist,pipe and can to get the horse power up to par. Suspension upgrades. seat up grade. So these
were just to get it up to my standards.
I now have the pro climb up to par, but I have spent time fixing it my way. Oh yea, I like it, too.
Hope this makes you feel better.

Don't think for a minute that they don't do the same things to the other brands to get all the little things corrected.
Rickm

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Well, I agree, WTF CAT!

But I also want the best sled and even if it means taking a cat and making it that way its what I want, in the end I can't make the others what I want so cat it is and I'll just have to deal with it and b1tch a lot.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
I'm gonna ride the fauk out of mine and smile every minute.......................

Just as soon as it snows:face-icon-small-hap

260 miles no regret at all

J

Jammmin

Dec 3, 2007
Puyallup
Maybe you just stop ridin....
:face-icon-small-hap
-
Serious though, that sucks.

I had an '09 tm8 that rippppped.
Still getting used to the '12 proclimb.
-
-

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
It sucks that it always seem to be this way. Very few 1st year sleds are perfect. You'd think with all the R&D and talk about that chassis being ridden by Cat for the past 4 years that they would have a lot less problems. I don't get it. Some guys just have to have the biggest and the best and sometimes they turn into the biggest headaches.

Premium Features