• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 Polaris Turbo Matryx..

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
There is a lot of boosted 850s out there and I have yet to hear of a bottom end failing caused from being boosted. The nice thing for the manufactures is that us users have been doing the turbo R&D and testing for them for many years with aftermarket kits, so they should already know what the weak points are when +60hp is added to a stock engine and chassis since thousands have already done it.
The Polaris Patriot 850 is a tough engine.
I remember at the sneak peak, in early 2018, I was standing with Eric Woog (Vohk) looking at the cutaway engine. All he could do was smile. He was trying to hold it in but he couldn't. He knew this was going to be a good engine for his turbos.
And its been PROVEN stellar by the consumers.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
All kinds of reasons why they are waiting for March 1 - maybe they just needed more time to decide what to release, e.g. The marketing elves at Poo are certainly working overtime and stoned on Starbucks - the 2022 lineup will be the biggest splash and marketing event of the Snowcheck season across the OEMs. Barrage will be coming on the wonders of the Matryx RMK, turbo or no-turbo. Enjoy the show from the Dan-Chris-Keith-Matt crews...

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Christopher... maybe you should hold off on snowchecking that Xpert and see what POO comes out with :)

Maybe you too could learn to love POO,

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Christopher... maybe you should hold off on snowchecking that Xpert and see what POO comes out with :)

Maybe you too could learn to love POO,

I dunno
Not sure I ever want another HIGH BOOST sled again.
That new Turbo Poo is going to be a handful..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
Polaris with a factory turbo AND warranty..? Thats a joke right?

Why would they do this when they can simply drop in a big 1040 or 1240 twin with the same amount of rotating parts they currently have...

EZ money to upscale the 840 engine. They already down scaled for a win with the 640. Now upscale it.. Bigger bore bigger stroke. Everything else the same.

200-225 HP at sea level

Larger profit margin

Larger market (low elevation guys will buy it too)

Not copying skidoo

Easy to warranty / less parts too warranty

no additional mechanic training

anyone can fix it

Add a turbo aftermarket.. (if you are nuts)

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Not going to happen, and i swore to god i'd switch to a 2022 mountain max if Polaris uses the word "compensation" what-so-ever! Personally i think i need a 650 sb as with twin pipes on the timing and running the good old leaded stuff!

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
This is what's coming :

Matryx chassis
7s display with smart hand and thumb warmers
New helmet that can communicate with the display and other sleds with same
narrower seat and tank
short tunnel option
turbo (priced at 20k minimum)
heated brake lever
new shock packages
plenty of BNG to choose from
Almost every option will be snowcheck only

850 NA is going under the 400 lb mark

and of course that is all just my BS guess!!! looking forward to the first of March .... Can't wait to see how far off I am!

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Polaris with a factory turbo AND warranty..? Thats a joke right?

Why would they do this when they can simply drop in a big 1040 or 1240 twin with the same amount of rotating parts they currently have...

EZ money to upscale the 840 engine. They already down scaled for a win with the 640. Now upscale it.. Bigger bore bigger stroke. Everything else the same.

200-225 HP at sea level

Larger profit margin

Larger market (low elevation guys will buy it too)

Not copying skidoo

Easy to warranty / less parts too warranty

no additional mechanic training

anyone can fix it

Add a turbo aftermarket.. (if you are nuts)
I agree but it will only be closer to 900 cc's

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This is what's coming :

Matryx chassis
narrower seat and tank
short tunnel option
heated brake lever
new shock packages

and of course that is all just my BS guess!!! looking forward to the first of March .... Can't wait to see how far off I am!

It’s going to GREATLY SURPRISE a whole lotta people when they see the final package with all its new goodies...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P
Dec 15, 2018
Iam intrigued by the factory turbo thing coming from a hot rodder background . We were trying to put turbos on sbc's in the eighties and with no aftermarket or efi , just destroyed engine after engine untill we just couldn't afford to keep trying. So with a factory I think import-small displacement, low compression ect ect. How do these motors survive 17lbs of boost??? Is it the same with a turbo two stroke-lower compression, different pistons,, different rings and lands ect and how do they manage heat? For a factory to manage failures i would think it would have to be really conservative but you guys feel like they are dramatically different in performance? I built alot of racing engines and no one would ever for a second stand behind a turbo charged or super charged one!! It seems like guys think ,"yeah sweet ill buy the turbo and just go ride" when I personally would think ,"well its turboed so its gonna blow up, good thing its not my ride home" I googled it but never got factory service info just sales kinda stuff. Guess iam getting old lol
Be fun to hear the offices list for the engineers requirements for the research and development . Cool stuff. From a new riders (literally never even thought about a snowmobile) and outsiders perspective to the industry, I'd think polaris will have a pretty dominant hold on the market if the have a successful turbo. They have all the pros and cool kids it would seem and well if they ride them there must be a reason right? Even a guy like me who just wanted to try one and bought without knowing anything just what colors I liked -now after falling in the rabbit's hole wants a turboed khaos (even though I know i couldn't ride it) be interesting to see if all oems HAVE to offer a turboed 850 to compete? Or if polaris wins with one or has miserable failures?

Over budget

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 13, 2019
Centerville utah
This is what's coming :

Matryx chassis
narrower seat and tank
short tunnel option
heated brake lever
new shock packages

That’s Fantasy land ?

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
This is what's coming :

Matryx chassis
narrower seat and tank
short tunnel option
heated brake lever
new shock packages

You forgot a factory cooker on the can!

Premium Features