• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

World Record Ice Dragger in a Turbotater built 1500.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
UPDATE:

I heard last week that Daryl Mount has passed away. My condolensces to his family.

AND RIP Daryl Mount. (DGM here on the forum).

This sled has dropped 40lbs in weight and ran BIG a couple weeks ago.

From turbotater:

My 1500 PSI motor set a new world record in the 660 at the Battle on the Bay this weekend. :)
4.82 at 134mph.
First race ever with the new chassis.

One of my other customers bought the sled after the race. Seen my T8RZ sticker on the sled, told his boys he knew who built the motor, "its fn fast and we're buyin it". Lol

I'll put up a couple of vid links.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSmosY9VTcI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHgTmHy1LSc

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
BTW, this world record was set on it's very first event of the season, if I have the story correct.

M

minecat

Nov 27, 2007
Winnemucca, Nevada
Darrell was able to afford that motor and sled work because of the screwing he gave me on the 10,000 dollar boat anchor he called a completely new built 1500 that i had to spend another 6,000 to make it the way it should have been in the first place he must have taken lessons from Bruce K
Signed a very pissed individual

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Sorry to hear that.

Make no mistake though, Wayde did a great job on that motor.

M

minecat

Nov 27, 2007
Winnemucca, Nevada
Oh i am not questioning waydes motor work just what was done before I sent the 1500 to him to fix for me. Wayde is one hell of a guy and I would recomend him to anyone

Turbotater

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Magic Valley, Idaho
Shoot, Scott just clued me in bout this thread. Thanks.
Ben, you shoulda been part owner of this sled.
It was most likely your money that made it possible. (salt in wound) ;)
Doggone school of hard knocks is E X P E N S I V E!! Just think how much worse it'd been if you'd tried to run it before you decided to have it ported. Just a small blessing to a nightmare.

M

minecat

Nov 27, 2007
Winnemucca, Nevada
that is so true gues it was a good thing that i cant settle for just the run of the mill 1500 and just had to have you work your magic on it you are the best in my book

Turbotater

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Magic Valley, Idaho
that is so true gues it was a good thing that i cant settle for just the run of the mill 1500 and just had to have you work your magic on it you are the best in my book

Thanks Buddy.
Nuthin like having a happy customer.
You should post some pics of your new scud missle.
I'm dying to pull the trigger on that thing.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
So is this turning into an "Experience with T8r" thread? LOL

I put my dad and a buddy on my t8r built 800 this weekend. BOTH of them liked it a lot.
Dad rides a STOCK 01 Pol GenII 800 144. He wouldn't get off my sled. Said it RIPPED.

Buddy rides an 08 Dragon 163 with a can, clutching and a reflash. He said it ripped hard.
I felt a HUGE difference, especially on the bottom end and mid range with my 159 finger track.

My forearms HURT right now. :) It's a good hurt.

T8rs stuff RIPS. And I don't have to run a lot of race gas to make that happen.

Last edited:
Premium Features