• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why would anyone insure an XP?

snowdog484

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Winsted, MN
If you don't have ins and you hit someone on the hill and found it was your fault or negligence, grief could be coming your way. There insurance company will be looking to get reimbursed in anyway they see fit. Collection,lien,ect. There are a lot of sue happy peeps out there.

When you say sue happy, ski-doh comes to mind:face-icon-small-dis
How much is that costing Cat customers in the long run. They will be paying lawyers and court costs for years! :face-icon-small-con

D
Sep 6, 2011
Calgary
I have a 2010 XP and hit a rock with 80 miles on it. Both left side arms and an s-module. I don't have collision insurance so the thousand dollar tab was a bummer but I since installed grip-n-rip s-module and e-module braces.

Last winter I was shooting a line through a stand of trees, clipped the trunk of a snow-gnomed tree at 45mph and hit the ground 30 feet uphill from where the sled stopped. No damage. 10 days ago I hit a buried stump so hard I did a complete cartwheel in the air before landing on my head out in front of the sled. No damage. I easily have 20 similar stories over the past 3 winters. Nobody can believe that my sled can survive slamming into stuff the way I manage to but it does.

My point is this: this is just another trolling thread about a problem that was solved years ago. With the experience that I've had I can't well justify spending money insuring against a problem that I've modified away with a handful of simple bolt-on parts.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
That's good to know. I'll pass on the info to my buddy.

Believe it on not , I wasn't trying to stir the pot. Like I said I like the ride of the XP. I have reasons I have to buy Cat. That doesn't mean that I want to act like my sled is better that yours. It just was a sad day for a good friend of mine and a repeat of what happened to another good friends sled two years ago.

Owen

snowhunter1

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2009
Fish Lake WA.
Why?

How about when you are just coming around a corner or maybe your doing that killer sidehill and it breaks loose an avy or the sled gets out of control when you loose it on the climb that in your mind everyone can do! thats why I carry it! Dont give a !@#$ about the sled, but I do care about the peep's that can get hurt from what we all say @#$% happens! If you dont have dont ride with me!!!!

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
I have a 2010 XP and hit a rock with 80 miles on it. Both left side arms and an s-module. I don't have collision insurance so the thousand dollar tab was a bummer but I since installed grip-n-rip s-module and e-module braces.

Last winter I was shooting a line through a stand of trees, clipped the trunk of a snow-gnomed tree at 45mph and hit the ground 30 feet uphill from where the sled stopped. No damage. 10 days ago I hit a buried stump so hard I did a complete cartwheel in the air before landing on my head out in front of the sled. No damage. I easily have 20 similar stories over the past 3 winters. Nobody can believe that my sled can survive slamming into stuff the way I manage to but it does.

My point is this: this is just another trolling thread about a problem that was solved years ago. With the experience that I've had I can't well justify spending money insuring against a problem that I've modified away with a handful of simple bolt-on parts.

Wow !! Ummm, no insult intended, but you might want to try driving around chit instead of through it. Just a thought.

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
Believe it on not , I wasn't trying to stir the pot. Like I said I like the ride of the XP. I have reasons I have to buy Cat. That doesn't mean that I want to act like my sled is better that yours. It just was a sad day for a good friend of mine and a repeat of what happened to another good friends sled two years ago.

Owen

Reasons like you can't use a track stand on a 162, and not having your buddies ever help you get unstuck cause there isn't anywhere for said buddy to lift on the bumper with that crazy awesome sno flap.....or flop.......... I forget cats come with an anti-stuck feature from the factory. pure awesomeness.

Seriously......wtf???? Not to hate, but were they trying to see how jacked up they could make it? Why would anyone do something so stupid???? Block off the rear bumper and make the extension to short..... Brilliant. A four stroke that weighs more than a yammi? How did they pull that off? Yamaha uses all steel?

Did yours come with the steering part right side up or upside down......? Just a minor issue....no biggie right? They're only putting crap on backwards from the factory.

Some day cat will build the sled To have......... Someday high time, It's just not today. I wished they would get their game together. Its not even fun anymore. I can only do tow rope jokes and blown belt jokes with lunched spiders and secondary's and broken who knows what about 100 times before it just gets old. My 1000 buddies don't even enjoy riding with me anymore. How can a sled with 200 less cc's just stomp a hole and the living daylights out of the bigger sled by 15 leg the on the hill?

I'm going tom have to start rolling camera on my cat adventures. My rant is worthless without pics.

Last edited:
H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
CBX, this is starting to get amusing. I pulled so many Doo's out with my old 900 RMK, I upgraded to a Cat bumper on my Pro just so I could continue to be a helpful guy. LOL !!

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
This your sled's better than mine, gets old.

So am I. It seems that all posts go south in short order. Many comments mis the point too. For two reasons, one the author can't get his point accross or the new poster doesn't realy read them. So all of us are defective.

Owen

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I like them, although I'm a Cat man. I ride with a couple XP and both have been totaled by accidents that should not have been that bad. Nice and lite comared to my Cat , but maybe they need more weight. If insurance rates are averaged, I don't like paying for your insurance.

Owen

Are you drunk??

Well, I don't like the thought that crazy ice fishermen who drop their new pickups through the ice pay the same as I do....so there you go.

If your Cat is that freaking durable, why even have insurance?
I mean hell, you could take on a sequoia & it probably wouldn't even scratch your bumper.

In fact I think the insurance company should pay you because your sled is as durable as a freaking anvil!

LOL

Boo F-in Whoo...If your heavy azz cat is so bad *** then why would you even be worried about insuring it. I realize your posclimb is eating belts faster than Oprah eats pork rhines and is hurting your wallet but you need to focus your frustration and bitch at cat not XP riders.

OMFG, I just died.

I love how cat guys are so over sensitive! Lol time to pull ur big girl panties up, if you need to whine go back to ur a/c section of the forum and whine there

The PRO peeps are just as sensitive. But they only whine when told to by the Alpha Sheep.

I guess that explains the super low premiums on my Yamaha.

Cuz they are so heavy and gutless you can't get them anywhere to wreck em.

But the point is Poo and Cat will wreck A-arms without totaling the whole sled. Now that will tick some XP owners off. It sure would me if I had one. I actually like XPs. But after seeing what happened to the two I ride with, I had to post this.

And by the way I can't defend my Proclimb. I havn't had it long enough to see. It's heavy, I only hope there is some benefit to that. I have had no belt issues and havn't got a spare yet. It feels like a chubby XP to me.

As you can see I'm not the one who is sensitive.

Owen

How old were these XPs? I can total an 08 Xp just by breaking the a-arms and nothing else. And I have seen first hand Cats and Pros breaking just passing by a stump. The only time I ever damaged a sled was in early 09 and I hit a rock just beneith the snow. That hit woulda destroyed any sled. Don't deny it, you came here to start chit. BTW, how many belts have you put on that super awesome Proclimb? Face it, you are afraid to ride it cause they are so damn heavy and ugly your friends totaled their sleds just so they don't have to ride with you.:face-icon-small-ton

I think I was a bit obtuse on my question. I know we should all insure our sleds. What I meant was from a insurance company standpoint. It shouldn't cause so much damage to smack a tree with only a ski. Totaled? That's a bit hard to take.

Owen

You are funny

Get ready for yellow Arctic Cats. :face-icon-small-sho

Cat riders are yellow. Obviously

CBX, this is starting to get amusing. I pulled so many Doo's out with my old 900 RMK, I upgraded to a Cat bumper on my Pro just so I could continue to be a helpful guy. LOL !!

OK, Now we all know that a lie. Was this the same 900 that snapped cranks, motor mounts and clutches how often? Only thing a 900 RMK is good for is packing down the trail so the ProClimb can follow. Oh, and holding down snow so it doesn't blow away.

D
Sep 6, 2011
Calgary
Wow !! Ummm, no insult intended, but you might want to try driving around chit instead of through it. Just a thought.

Very clever. Unless you've found a way to use those pulp mill fumes to obtain x-ray vision you wouldn't understand. The snow hides a lot, like that tree I mentioned-who'da thunk there were no branches on that side of it when there were branches on all the others? That's why you need chassis braces.

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
Wanna hear a joke??..........................900 Rmk:rofl:

only modern sled in history worth zero. They couldn't even sell at auctions. I know two different guys in idaho with a dealers license that had to haul them home after the auction.

Thats how sweet they were. 900 RMK= Biggest fail, maybe ever.

Last edited:
Premium Features