• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who's thinking snow

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
We have to make a trip up to Mt. Fanny for work tomorrow, and my boss did a little road recon and was saying there is over a foot in the road going up there. If it snows some more between now and then, it might be good enough to start putting some break in miles on my sled this weekend. Hopefully anyways.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
for sure. there should be about 2 ft. on top of mt fanny by tomorrow. Need about 6 more inchs. I would love to put some brake in miles on, my sled wont be done for about two more wks.

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
There was a couple of feet in the road taking the snow cat on the top of Fanny today, and it was snowing when we left. I am planning on taking the sleds up on Sunday for some break-in miles. Should be nice enough to ride on the road at least.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
Heck ya! That was my plan on mon. or tues. Hope it keeps coming.... How do you work for. I was up there Elk hunting on Sun. It is a good thing we had Chains on the dodge.

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
I work for EONI, we had some GPS equipment up there that was acting up, had to install a replacement unit today. OPB was going up in the snow cat so catching a ride with them made the trip easier than chaining up all 4 and winching to trees every 50 feet.

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
Snow at Mt. Fanny was nice yesterday. Not a ton where we unloaded, but once we got up high there was plenty. Got Becky acquanted with her Phazer. She got it stuck once and was pretty angry, but by the time we headed back to the truck I got her to do one wheelie on it. Hoping to go again next weekend.

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
Hope you have a nice time, if you head for the peak of fanny you will see that we did not make it far, and probably will see where Becky got the phazer stuck. I think it was just a 18 mile round trip for the day. We took it slow, and stopped to watch deer along the way, though it was about dark by the time we got back to the trailer to load up and go home.

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
There was a clearing about 3 miles downhill from moss springs, thats where I unloaded. There was enough snow in the road there to go up, but with a bigger truck you could make it up even higher easily.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
we are planning a trip somewhere also, we are in the same boat. Thinking anthony lakes. a good bit of snow up there around three ft. I like the Catherine Creek area but not sure how many cow hunters are still out there.

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
We are planning on a ride up at Anthony Lakes this weekend it looks like, probably Sunday. I have never actually been up there, is there a decent sno-park up there to unload at?

I spent a big chunk of the day doing work on my trailer, I cant wait to get out again.

Premium Features