• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

whos still riding the mountain max!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
J
May 8, 2008
I just bought one!

I just bought a 98 mm 700 from my father in law for my first sled. I love it! He bought it brand new, left it stock, and has never had a problem with it, and I keep up with everyone and their brand new sleds.

I was wondering though, where you all are getting risers for these sleds. I am 6'2" and that is the first thing I want to do to this thing. Any one got any advice or ideas there?

P
Sep 14, 2008
risers

The best place to buy risers i've found is Dennis Kirk. I was able to squeeze a 4 in. on both my 600 and 700 without extending cables. Any more than that and you will probably have to.:)

I just sold one of my two to a buddy who I let ride it on the grand finale' last june. he made some good pulls on it and is now moving from a 900 cat to a 700mm. most have no idea what these will do.
a little vid of mine
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=33162611

picsfromphoneoct08022.jpg

P1010057.jpg

M
Nov 26, 2007
Man I love that vid SSH. Great looking.running sled.

I have read alot of guys running Polaris skids in there Mountain Max's. They say it save alot of weight and transfers better.

What Polaris skid is the best to put in? I am not a Polaris guy so I am not familar with there skid names or years.

How hard is it to transplant into the MM chassis? IE: mounting in the correct position in the tunnel?

M
Dec 4, 2008
Martensville Sask
I have a 2001 700mm with a powermadd pivot 4" riser and taller bars, also have a mbrp can and reed spacers. this sled has ran great for all the 11600kms on it. I haven't touched the motor and it still runs strong. Just got a 09 xtx so I will have to retire it this year.

C
Spring snow hero. How are you getting so much lift on your Max? Could you give some more specs on your sled ie. eng. size, track length, other mods. Did I hear you are running a polaris skid? I have a 2003 MM with triple SLP pipes, V-force 3 reeds, boss seat, some other little mods and I cannot keep the *** end out of the snow to save my life. I know Maxs are heavy but my tail end just sinks. Could be our dry "champagne" powder in Steamboat and the lack of base right now but... I'm still runnin' the 141 track and really considering gettting a track kit or new skid with track, for the right price. I have the limiter straps all the way adjusted out and my skid on the lowest holes in the center of the tunnel and rear drop mounts. Any help you could give would be great! Thanks

T
Feb 24, 2008
Libby, MT
Here are some pics. of our four mmaxs I took today. Left to right. 600 triple bender pipes,156 800 bender triple,bender pipes BD nos. 156 780 unionbay triple, reichard pipes, 156 700 unionbay triple, reichard pipes ,159.

mm1.jpg mm2.jpg mm600.jpg mmblue1.jpg mmblue2.jpg mmred.jpg

lords88

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
900 ubr

I just purchased a 2000 Yamaha MM700 with a 944 Union Bay engine. The sled has a mesh hood, riser, boss seat, light weight trailing arms, a ekholm 159" tunnel, 159" ported track, rolled chaincase, polaris 800 primary, team secondary, custom pipes by Richard Swenson and simmons skis. I am still in the process of tuning it for 3,000-6,000ft so if anyone has any advice on tuning this sled to perfection or any modification advice I would greatly appreciate it. :D

R
Apr 13, 2002
Washington
I just purchased a 2000 Yamaha MM700 with a 944 Union Bay engine. The sled has a mesh hood, riser, boss seat, light weight trailing arms, a ekholm 159" tunnel, 159" ported track, rolled chaincase, polaris 800 primary, team secondary, custom pipes by Richard Swenson and simmons skis. I am still in the process of tuning it for 3,000-6,000ft so if anyone has any advice on tuning this sled to perfection or any modification advice I would greatly appreciate it. :D

Where are you located?

B
Nov 26, 2007
Mm700

Spring snow hero. How are you getting so much lift on your Max? Could you give some more specs on your sled ie. eng. size, track length, other mods. Did I hear you are running a polaris skid? I have a 2003 MM with triple SLP pipes, V-force 3 reeds, boss seat, some other little mods and I cannot keep the *** end out of the snow to save my life. I know Maxs are heavy but my tail end just sinks. Could be our dry "champagne" powder in Steamboat and the lack of base right now but... I'm still runnin' the 141 track and really considering gettting a track kit or new skid with track, for the right price. I have the limiter straps all the way adjusted out and my skid on the lowest holes in the center of the tunnel and rear drop mounts. Any help you could give would be great! Thanks

Couple things that will help you. 1st get rid of your transfer rods. 2nd get your cylinders ported.

-BD1

Premium Features