• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who's running the Cutler adjustable weights?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Keep it toward the heel, this will keep the tip lighter.

I never had a problem with not using loctite, but if the original loctite wore off I put a drop of new stuff on there.

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
The only weights I've used in my last 4 sleds. I travel a fair amount and ride a various range of elevations, snow conditions, temps, etc...... I love how easy and quick the cutlers are to dial in for each varying condition. I agree w/backcountryislife about the cutler weights acting a little heavier than a standard cat weight. Try them and adjust as necessary.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
A few questions here: If the set screws are locktited in how do you adjust the weights on the hill? I am running from 73 to 77 gram weights depending on elevation. Which set of cutlers should i get?

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Get the "trail" weights. You will want to add weight in the heal of the weight as the lay-down motors like a lighter tip weight. That is easily done by inserting the weight screws in the hole that is right next to the set screw. Super easy!

I find it really ridiculous that Cat does not have an adjustable clutch system! Why do we have to buy adjustable weights? Cat should include these in all their primary clutches!

D
May 18, 2008
i dont know anyone running over 83 g even with pipe or anything else except maybe a turbo i guess it depends on elevation is anyone running more than 83g on an m1000

I am running 89 grams with the cutler purple at 7800-7850 at 0-3000ft. with the 060 belt and stock secondary.

R

rigrat

Apr 19, 2008
Alberta
Good day. Is there any difference between the Daltons and the Cutlers? Is where you place the weights, heel or tip really noticeable when riding? Do you measure how far the allen head screws went in or count threads? Finally, do the Daltons need more weight than the factory Cat weights to be equal? Sorry about all the questions but the more info the better. Thanks.

R

rigrat

Apr 19, 2008
Alberta
Good day. Is there any difference between the Daltons and the Cutlers? Is where you place the weights, heel or tip really noticeable when riding? Finally, do the Daltons need more weight than the factory Cat weights to be equal? Sorry about all the questions but the more info the better. Thanks.
Would like some more info and opinions on this subject. Thanks.

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
i'm not sure about the other weights, but on my cutlers weights, they will bottom out when installed. loading in the heel is best for mountain riding (backshifting) and you can heel load the weights with the weights still in the clutch on the sled. toss a little locktite on the thread and screw them in until they stop.

Vernon

R

rigrat

Apr 19, 2008
Alberta
The reason i ask is i just installed the Dalton adjustables but i went with a little lighter weight and purchased some Tungsten extra heavy screw in weights so i have a wide range of adjustment (73.5-84.3 grams). Just curious if i should run the heavy tungstens close to the heel and the other (lighter) weight close to the tip? Thanks.

Premium Features