• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who is running green cat spring in T apex 2nd clutch

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
does anyone have pics of what needs to be machined on the shockwave?? or the secondary??? Is it something you can see if you remove the spring from the secondary and install the helix and rotate??

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
I just got a call back from shockwave and I am surprised at what he had to say.. he says it doesnt need to be modified and that it shifts to yamaha helix specs. He said some guys are cutting the helix to get an overdrive out of it, but its necessary to cut and modify the primary to get the two to match travel. Has anyone done both?? I heard the motor on a nitro had to be moved out so the secondary didnt hit the bulkhead. Is the secondary the same diameter as the apex? lets hear what people have done??
Thanks

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
shockwave and clutch mod

call val simmons, send him your stuff...a small fee later, and no issues!!!!

I wish I could tell you more about the mod to the Shock Wave but I have only heard about it, never actually seen what they are talking about.

It sounded to me like they grind some material off that keeps the secondary from opening all the way.

Lots of guys have done it and say it really makes a difference.

Premium Features