• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where to rent sleds (unguided) near Chama?

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Have some flatlander buddues that are coming out to ride. We are going to be coming up from Albq to ride Cumbres/Hopewell Lakes and/or Wolf Creek.
I checked w/ the rental outfit on Cumbres Pass and they only rent guided sleds.
Please let me know if anyone rents bare sleds in this area. Can pick them up on the way up. Looking for 1 or 2 powder sleds, prefer 700's or bigger, but good 600's will suffice.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
AZ i checked that out, but only found a company in UT and up by Grand Junction. So I ended up just buying a sled and hopefully I'll use it a bit.

Thanks for the info.
That's kinda what i expected. I may have to take my friends farther North, where they rent sleds.
I have 2 machines, but there are 2 or 3 guys coming out, so we need 1-2 more sleds.
I saw your other post about where to store your machine. Where do you live/ride?

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
You might try the Rendevous. (Chama). There is a ski doo guy that rents sleds. I am unsure if it is guided or not. There are also a couple of guys over in Pagosa Springs, CO that you might check out. Call Chamber of commerce.

Rondevous is guided only. Found one guy in South FOrk, but they only have 550RMK's. Goin' to Chama this weekend. Maybe see you up there.

Premium Features