• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WE Velocity Carls Revalve vs Aftermarket

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
After looking at Raptor and Fox shocks I'm thinking for my 23 165 boost I'm just going to pull the velocity and send them to Carls for a revalve for a little more aggressive riding and maybe heavier springs depending on what I weigh when it comes in. I had some great fox shocks way back setup for racing. Just took the stock ones, add a longer thicker shaft (what she said) and different internals and really did not cost that much per shock. I see lots of old positive reviews for the Carl's revalve on the WE Velocity but nothing current. Anyone seen any recent Carls revalve WE's and able to provide any feedback?

Tjtwenty

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2016
I'm thinking the same thing. In the past I've ran fox as well as zbroz. But with the cost of a new boost pushing 25k out the door, not sure I want to pony up another 3k for new suspension.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I would send them to TRS. Best revalve hands down. I would take his revalve over high dollar shocks anyway of the week. They just flat work!!!

C
Dec 14, 2020
For what Carl's charges you're halfway to new shocks. For a simple rebuild WE did all 4 for about what Carl's quoted me for 1.

That also kicked me in the ass in getting a nitrogen setup. I was going to go Fox just to be able to rebuild myself, but the few $ in tools wasn't bad to be able to change seals and oil and charge them myself.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
For what Carl's charges you're halfway to new shocks. For a simple rebuild WE did all 4 for about what Carl's quoted me for 1.

That also kicked me in the ass in getting a nitrogen setup. I was going to go Fox just to be able to rebuild myself, but the few $ in tools wasn't bad to be able to change seals and oil and charge them myself.
That’s great. You can now play with your shim stack as well. The Fox shims work in your WE if you have them.
Welcome to the club.

K
Jun 30, 2017

any chance you could pm me your setup? ive been thinking of doing the same

C
Dec 14, 2020
any chance you could pm me your setup? ive been thinking of doing the same

I just went to the welding store with a spare shock and showed them what I needed to do. They set me up with a tank, regulator, hose, and valves. Had to order in a few things.

Prices will probably vary wildly, eBay has kits for $100, but I'm not that trusting playing with a high pressure gas.

C
Dec 14, 2020
That’s great. You can now play with your shim stack as well. The Fox shims work in your WE if you have them.
Welcome to the club.

That's good to know.

I found a shop in Minnesota willing to sell shock seals and bushings, just not shims or body's and shafts.

I sent them to WE last time to get 2 shafts and 2 body's replaced. I had some stupid moments.

K
Jun 30, 2017
I just went to the welding store with a spare shock and showed them what I needed to do. They set me up with a tank, regulator, hose, and valves. Had to order in a few things.

Prices will probably vary wildly, eBay has kits for $100, but I'm not that trusting playing with a high pressure gas.
sounds good thanks!

A
Oct 30, 2008
Anyone know the stock khaos velocity shimstacks and feel like postning them? Would be nice to know whats in there and order some shims before I open them up.
Plan was to change my 19 for a 21 and send out those shocks but it seems I'll keep it another year, will be plating with the shocks myself.

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana

Are you saying you sent your shocks into WE or bought a shim kit from them? Didn't think they serviced so good to know if so

C
Dec 14, 2020
Are you saying you sent your shocks into WE or bought a shim kit from them? Didn't think they serviced so good to know if so

Sent them to Walker Evans service center in California. Took a few weeks but they rebuilt all 4, and replaced 2 shafts and 2 bodies for about $450. I think they ended up throwing in a free body on one because the tech had an oops.

Info is on their website. Just fill out the form on the website and send them the shocks. I tossed a printed copy of the form in with them for good measure.
I also stripped the springs off to save on shipping.

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
Anyone know the stock khaos velocity shimstacks and feel like postning them? Would be nice to know whats in there and order some shims before I open them up.
Plan was to change my 19 for a 21 and send out those shocks but it seems I'll keep it another year, will be plating with the shocks myself.
If you can get your hands on a service manual, it starts on page 8.64. Pretty sure there are digital versions out there you can find

Premium Features