• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

very disappointed in you arctic cat guys

Thread Rating
1.00 star(s)

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
Who do you listen too?
I was taught this by a billionaire.
"Listen to those that have what you want and have been where you are!"

Has anyone else been where I am. To my knowledge there isn't another PC that has been narrowed. I'm not bragging about it, It's the facts, so it might be worth considering I know what I'm talking about, hell even if I don't you have no way to prove it. I choose to listen to everyone 99 or 100, but the guy with the most has by far a greater influence.

again, if your going to sidehill a 55* slope there are only a few sleds capable of doing it, the PC is not one of them and this is why I would choose an M over it in stock form, not that its a better sled but because it is better for what I do. If all I need was to sidehill a 35* slop I would get a XM.

I think it also depends on the snow condition. Wyo, do you not get light fluffy powder in Montana? Shouldn't matter how steep the hill is if the snow is fluffy. I cant help but think you must be talking about setup snow.

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
Your confusing it, I don't boast, yeah it comes off that way but its more of a I call ppl out. I never said I was better, I said, I want you/someone to show me if I am or prove I'm not, after that we can all learn something no matter who is right, it would bring a huge amount of clarity to the table. Doing that gets to the bottom of things faster, and since I don't get butt hurt about what ppl think it comes off as me being a dick.
There again, if I have to be called names to get results, why wouldn't I.

Callin out people to come to you just to to show you they can ride better than you. Who does that? Common get over yourself.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I think it also depends on the snow condition. Wyo, do you not get light fluffy powder in Montana? Shouldn't matter how steep the hill is if the snow is fluffy. I cant help but think you must be talking about setup snow.
Still matters, yes it is very important in harder snow but still makes a big difference in the deep snow also.

Callin out people to come to you just to to show you they can ride better than you. Who does that? Common get over yourself.

So your sayin I should go out ride someone in nebraska since there is such challenging terrain. I offered to pay them to do it, not like I said do it for free.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
You should listen to the ppl that have $100 and not so much to the 99. I told you it flies Great, love that part, the power is great, Like the track, engine is the best, thats about it. Sometimes you have to hear both sides.
Here is the really DUMB SIDE,, Your B1tch about something In a Thread that is 100% devoted to B!TCHING, really ppl, I only throw it out there when brought up. If where talking about something else I don't talk about it. Maybe if AC would have built a mtn sled that wasn't so easy to pick on with numerous faults. sorry truth hurts

Your sled has what 2" less suspension travel, so mine is closer to 100 for me then yours is..

Now what gets me the most is your saying cat delivered such a **** sled. yet for 450$ (what i got quotes locally for new standing air frame rails that sucked in the panels) the problem is fixed?

Thats the same price as a set of skis an cheaper then a pipe. to me if it was an issue it would be done to my sled. Why you thinking something 450$ can cure is an end-all to the chassis?

How far will 450$ get you on a prormk to have engine reliability and the power of the cat

It wont so what im getting at is maybe the cat isnt as bad as your preaching..

Its flaws can be cheaply overcome if theres an issue for you and fix it like you did.

Guess im not seeing any sled purchase where you will be happy wyo, maybe i dont expect as much out of my sled as you, but i guarantee i have as much or more fun then you!

-Aksnopro

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
Still matters, yes it is very important in harder snow but still makes a big difference in the deep snow also.

So your sayin I should go out ride someone in nebraska since there is such challenging terrain. I offered to pay them to do it, not like I said do it for free.

Ya I live in NE and no there is no hills what so ever here, never said there was.........but I'm pritty sure I offered to drive out to where you ride last year and you......um a well .......didn't have time to ride all of a sudden ......I think it's obvious everyone likes your input but doesn't like all the boasting and bashing you do......if your soo good at riding and are an expert at making the AC sled better than the sled company then why isn't AC calling you to ride for them and tell them what's wrong!?........

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Your sled has what 2" less suspension travel, so mine is closer to 100 for me then yours is..

Actually... both of you have the same travel, and neither has the travel I have... so there!:bounce::bounce:

HCR & M have the same travel, HCR uses longer shocks with longer arms... same travel. Until you use the longer shocks (like HCR on an M, or M on a 38) with narrower arms, you're at the same point.

That's something I want out of my sleds... so I go get it. Been doing that for 4 or 5 years now.

Funny, I think a ton of you guys take Wyo completely the wrong way.

When I go riding with GOOD buddies, there's all sorts of smack, whether it's rock crawling, downhill biking, kayaking, or sledding... talking some smack, pushing your buddy to try something he wouldn't otherwise, THAT is what makes you all better. That's exactly what Wyo is doing, but some of you guys get offended so easily you take it as some offense against you.

He says he can outride you... or maybe not, but he's willing to put money on it... those who think he's full of it... GO GET YOUR MONEY.

I know in what I do, I can outride him, he's not into what I do, and I'm only pretty good at what he does... I'd offer up a bet against most folks that they're not gonna come here & outride me in my back yard at what I do... but I can't afford to lose the money when I get my azz WHUPPPED!!!!:face-icon-small-sho

At least Wyo is willing to put up (he ain't gonna shut up, so don't bother trying!!:face-icon-small-win) and put his money where his mouth is... I have yet to hear anyone else who has confidence in what they do, who would make the same offer. Doesn't mean he's the best, but it means he's willing to take a chance & find out.

Given the choice... that's the kind of person I'd rather ride with, though he may come off a bit harsh on here.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
AK, skinz doesn't pull it in enough. Also how does your sled have more travel, mine has more than stock. ???? 38" arms with a kmod.

Hillc, I would still like to know when this was you keep talking about. If I can't ride, I can't ride ( I have responsibilities too), should I start saying I went 12 times and I don't know where you where those 12 times wtf you scared to show up.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
BCIL,
I definitely wouldn't say I'm better than you at your style of riding, but I'm thinking I would rather spend the money to see what that style is, and ride with someone competitive.

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
So lets get a serious sidehilling thread going then instead of jawing. If some guys seriously need to have that ability up there with the poo, then what is it going to take for someone to get there. Me, I dont care, but bumping into the topic every second effin post is getting tiring. I'm making my sled better for me so lets see what can be done on the skinny and balance side of things. Wyo has done some good work so lets keep discovering. Skinny the panels, change skis, change footboards, shorter spindles, etc

Keep this thing black and green and the best in everything. And I agree with bcil that Wyo wont shut up, and I want him to stay with Cat - I wouldnt wish him on the Poo guys…..…lol

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
BCIL,
I definitely wouldn't say I'm better than you at your style of riding, but I'm thinking I would rather spend the money to see what that style is, and ride with someone competitive.

Exactly. Some of us enjoy that push... that harassment, your buddy saying "but you can't make THAT line PU$$Y....:face-icon-small-ton", and I guess some people think that guy is a bully because he's pushing... I don't know, I just happen to LOVE going riding with people who harass me into pushing myself, so I see that as the same thing.

SH**... let's be honest, my 100 lb wife likely went bigger when she was 5 months pregnant than most guys do. Some folks just aren't into the push, some are.

OK, how bout this... I'll put $1000 down that MY wife can outride YOUR wife... That one I'm willing to do!!!:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-sho

27003_1381326983045_4958775_n.jpg

18578_1319780764428_2575862_n.jpg

Sack up... bring yer wives, I'ma gonna make me some money this year sno-pimpin my wife out!!!

OH... and not sure if she'll be on a pro, or a PC... but it doesn't matter, she'll still kick azz!:face-icon-small-hap

Oh sorry, what was this thread about again????

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
So lets get a serious sidehilling thread going then instead of jawing. If some guys seriously need to have that ability up there with the poo, then what is it going to take for someone to get there. Me, I dont care, but bumping into the topic every second effin post is getting tiring. I'm making my sled better for me so lets see what can be done on the skinny and balance side of things. Wyo has done some good work so lets keep discovering. Skinny the panels, change skis, change footboards, shorter spindles, etc

Keep this thing black and green and the best in everything. And I agree with bcil that Wyo wont shut up, and I want him to stay with Cat - I wouldnt wish him on the Poo guys…..…lol

I'm still finding it funny so many get offended in a thread about being offended, if any of you have ever thought twice about it, it is these threads I love to thrash, its 100% opinion based and is completely hypothetical.

BCIL, I doubt I've ever dropped a drift the same height as your wife, I'm not a dropper unless its unexpected or in the middle of a sidehill. But if she was there that would be a big push to do something I haven't done. One thing I have always said is if someone can do it, I can.

H
Feb 28, 2012
One thing I have always said is if someone can do it said:
WOW I bet even your shadow is scared of how perfect you are!!!! Do us all a favor and get over your better than everyone attitude and go buy a perfect Polaris PRO... Then maybe the polaris guys can get tired of your constant b$tch about the whats wrong with the PRO...

U

Uncle Bob

Feb 15, 2011
sorry, couldn't resist, i'm really happy to see the proclimb faithfull come out of the wood work and pledge allegiance. I think we where just tired of arguing against the poo. I realize the media and forums have used the poo as the new benchmark, rightfully so. it is an amaizing stock sled and innovative . but its not the end all. i even read in a magazine that the light chasis makes up for the lazy engine, WTF that engine is junk. i rode all last season with 2 boosted poos and they ran okay but not as powerful as they should be

Coming off an m1000 turbo at the end of 12 years of bigbores and turbos and every kind of mod in between i took a year off. i baught a 800 proclimb, put a jaws can on it, added gas and oil and rode the chit out of it all season. Did i blow belts, oh ya, but read above part about ride the chit out of it. I love this sled. i side hilled places every bit as good as on my m, by the end off the season i would say better then the m but i think i was a better rider then too.

I rode lots of poos, boosted and natural, lots of doos, we all switch sleds, the doo guys all baught pros or proclimbs and one guy switched from a pro to a proclimb this year. mostly sick of fixing.

I know nothing of the new xm but magazines tend to say it will give the pro a run this year, they all seem to dismiss the proclimb like its not even in the running anymore. even though last year they would not comment on the proclimb cause they didnt have proper seat time but this year the xm is fully proven. oh i forgot brett approves them, and the dump truck full of money had nothing to do with it, honest

heres where i will end my pointless rant but keep the proclimbs cheers coming. i loved my 12 so much i'm keeping it stock for those all day wide open blow off some steam days, and im going to boost my 13 hcr. can't wait to ride either one

the point is don't believe evrything you read for me the proclimb is my best all around ride. the pro is awsome too and sure the xm will be an improvement. this is what keeps pushing the manufacturers to make them better and we all win

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
hahahha oh man thats hilarious bcil

to me its keyboard warriorish to try an challenge someone on the net knowing its highly unlikely that challenge will ever get fulfilled... not to mention he is still preaching the sled sucks based off of one section it is in second place in on the mountain segment....

its all about how you approach the people your trying to give information to. wyo, you suck at that... and end up in a pissing match with people on a lot of topics due to it and usually its a misunderstanding on what you ment, but you come off so "pounding my chestish" its hard for people to try an listen.

i dont think anyone has said your skinnier sled wont panel out later?

if its an issue for anyone on snowest they know what to do.....

and your telling me a 38" shock thats 2 " shorter has the same travel???

when i held up the exit shocks i bought (one set for 40" stance and one for 43" the shock looked like it had a ton more travel on the 43?)

when you put the space in the shock your not limiting its travel? i guess im not understanding how its 2" shorter yet has the same suspension travel?

-Aksnopro

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WOW I bet even your shadow is scared of how perfect you are!!!! Do us all a favor and get over your better than everyone attitude and go buy a perfect Polaris PRO... Then maybe the polaris guys can get tired of your constant b$tch about the whats wrong with the PRO...

Wow is right, go back a few post I'm pretty sure I posted a youtube vid of you.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
AK you make me laugh.
The length means nothing, its how far it will travel, like BCIL said.

Your basing it off my opinion of one aspect WTF WHERE THE F K HAVE YOU BEEN.

Yes it needs to be skinny, I said it bret said it so since there is only 2 of us we don't know chit right.

The clutching has some kind of issue and I haven't figured it out yet nor have you so it must be a freakin prob, oh but thats only 2 of us so we don't know chit.

The PC should stand for Pig Climb, its a freakin tank compared to the comp, and don't give me any of this its stronger bs, it has some stupid weak spots.

Its the same sled as the 4 stroke, which could be changed to get lighter and smarter use of the 2s.

and a few other small things.

If it being wide was the only prob, I would be more than happy with it, but its not and you know it.

If I thought the pro was so great at the beginning of '12 I would have bought one but now you blind AC fools are as blind as the poo guys and there pos motor.

I keep saying it, yeah so what, you guys keep saying the same chit too, whats the diff. my response is caused by your response. stop telling me its a mtn sled and i'll stop telling you its a bad asz trail sled.
After this long of repeating, at first I was near as loud but no one is listening, just look at the BS clutch updates we get. WTF

I think its pretty fun really, what else would you guys have to do as your getting real anxious to ride but can't.

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
I'm still finding it funny so many get offended in a thread about being offended, if any of you have ever thought twice about it, it is these threads I love to thrash, its 100% opinion based and is completely hypothetical.

This thread isnt about getting offended, the op said that the continuous remarks about the Cat being lousy was turning him off his new sled.

You make some valid points in your critiques of the Cat. But you made them last year, not everyone shares your opinion, and most of us got it the first time. Maybe in your neck of the woods everybody has to have everything repeated?

I want to hear solutions. Not offended, just starting to feel bad that you have to spend so much time saying the same thing and not get to resolving what you feel is an issue.

Premium Features