• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Vector Exhaust

C
Aug 31, 2010
Im looking to put an exhaust on my 2006 Yamaha Vector Mtn. I am trying to figure out which is the best one to go with to give it a little better sound then OEM and give it a good grunt. Also if anyone has one for sale? Thanks for the help

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I am putting a vector header on my Nytro right now so that I can run undertunnel. I went with the excell header and it is one very nice looking piece. I can't wait to hear the thing run.

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
be prepared for it to be a LOT louder. been down this road with undertunnell exhaust. extremely noisy with very little or no power gains despite the HP that excell and others claim. took it all off after a few rides and put all the stock stuff back on, didnt want to have to wear earplugs. Sorry, Just being honest with my experience. put the money toward a turbo. My turbo is much quieter than the sled was with undertunnell exhaust.

Last edited:
S

SNAFU

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary
I had an Excell Vector header on my Nytro before I turbo'd it. I used a 2" glass pack muffler directly attached to it and an under tunnel exhaust. It is louder, for sure, but not obnoxious IMO. I was actually quite happy with the sound and the increase in throttle response. In my opinion, the header did add some HP. Not sure how much, but enough to notice.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
I ran the excell mountain lite exhuast, massive weight savings undertunnel so I could run a mountain mod seat and I was very happy with sound and response. Would do it again in a heartbeat

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
I am putting a vector header on my Nytro right now so that I can run undertunnel. I went with the excell header and it is one very nice looking piece. I can't wait to hear the thing run.

Truebluemax,

What is the outlet diameter of the Excell Vector Header? I am going to build an undertunnel silencer and adapt it to the stock vector header, but I might make it in such a way so I can use it on both the stock and Excell Vector header, should I decide to upgrade.

I was also wondering what the HP gain will be with the Vector (Excell) header on the Nytro? I'm guessing it should closely match the Nytro (Excell) header....there's one for DynoJet to try!

OTM

Premium Features