• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Uhhh..So now we have to click through 5 different threads to find conditions?

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
The old snow conditions forums is only open until thursday Tom. Then we are stuck here it looks like.
BB

Ahhh, sweet. This is a well thought out plan. So now for people who ride 3-4 states have to keep track of threads in 3-4 different forums and now we have to scour a ton of different other forums just to find where to travel for snow.

Splendid.

L
Mar 13, 2004
Lake Cle Elum, WA
At least this way, I won't like like an idiot when I think someone is talking about one of Washington's several "Fish Lakes", only to later figure out they're talking about Fish Lake, Colo or something??????

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Ahhh, sweet. This is a well thought out plan. So now for people who ride 3-4 states have to keep track of threads in 3-4 different forums and now we have to scour a ton of different other forums just to find where to travel for snow.

Splendid.

What about the poor bastard who lives in MN and adoptd the Spokane thread...is it still gonna live over here in the WA section?

Damnit snowest!!!!:mad:

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA

Splendid.
It is more organized now and some report threads wong get buried 50 pages deep. I used to spend hours going through reports only to find out it was some remote place in Canada that I was hopeing was in Northern Idaho or Montana.
You can make a sub category in the WA state for your thread. This will make it a lot easier for those that are new to the forum to get some idea as to where they can go on vacation or the weekend and have some idea as to what to expect. No one likes change but sometimes it is OK.

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
It is more organized now and some report threads wong get buried 50 pages deep. I used to spend hours going through reports only to find out it was some remote place in Canada that I was hopeing was in Northern Idaho or Montana.
You can make a sub category in the WA state for your thread. This will make it a lot easier for those that are new to the forum to get some idea as to where they can go on vacation or the weekend and have some idea as to what to expect. No one likes change but sometimes it is OK.

The reports buried 50 pages deep, were for a reason. NO SNOW, nothing new to report. There was a natural order about the old setup, where when a big dump happened, the area threads would gain activity and be moved to the top. I agree this new setup is great for people who have one riding area and stick to it. But for people who constantly travel, ride 3-4 states, and chase snow, it's a PITA. Having to search a dozen different forums isn't simplifying anything.

My vote would be for running both simultaneously. Have the old & new and let the masses roam where they wish. What's the harm in that?

Y
Nov 26, 2007
north bend, wa
I agree this new setup is great for people who have one riding area and stick to it. But for people who constantly travel, ride 3-4 states, and chase snow,

Maybe you should have a job that keeps you in one area, instead of having more fun than the masses and making movies........nevermind, then I wouldn't have anything to watch in the summer.....

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Well I have managed to work my magic and got what you guys are asking for, one thread with all the info for everywhere in it by data.

Browse all riding areas

That is what you guys are looking for right? Ask and you shall receive. That or just open your eyes.

:p:p:p

numbskull

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2003
Riverton, UT
At least this way, I won't like like an idiot when I think someone is talking about one of Washington's several "Fish Lakes", only to later figure out they're talking about Fish Lake, Colo or something??????

agreed!

looks like ruffryder found the best of both worlds with the "Browse all riding areas" sorted by date.

Premium Features