• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TKI Belt Drive and Mountain Cat Drop Chaincase Install Questions

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
What hole are you in for the front arm? I have around 2'' on my Kmod, mounting bottom and back. Kmod doesn't even come with the caps though. With the 7 tooth last yr the bearings in my anti-stab gave out. Upgraded this yr from bdx setup to ice age anti-stab, better quality. I feel the 8 tooth won't put the stress on them though like the 7's

Stock 16 location in the front - lower rear. Middle hole on the rear drop brackets.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I have two holes in the front and one right behind it. I am guessing I should use the rearmost of the holes up front and the lowest rear hole?

Chewy, you say the middle hole on the rear....why?

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
Stock 16 location in the front - lower rear. Middle hole on the rear drop brackets.

Same as mine, my hoops on top of front arm may be an issue though, I have around 3/8 clearance to the track. might have get the hammer out. Should be able to get out this sun to see how it all works. But check your clearance up top. And keep an eye on the track wearing in that area

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I have two holes in the front and one right behind it. I am guessing I should use the rearmost of the holes up front and the lowest rear hole?

Chewy, you say the middle hole on the rear....why?

Lowest hole in the rear drop bracket has only added ski pressure on all the cats I've had and makes the handling worse.

Premium Features