• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Time to replace reeds?

F
Nov 8, 2008
Lowry, Minnesota
Got an '09 800 Summit x with about 2,200 miles on it. In the garage getting it ready for the winter right now and was wondering what the life expectancy on the stock reeds are. One owner sled that is stock other than an HPS can. Figure if it's time might as well do it now while I have the carbs out for a bath. Thanks for any feed back.

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
Got an '09 800 Summit x with about 2,200 miles on it. In the garage getting it ready for the winter right now and was wondering what the life expectancy on the stock reeds are. One owner sled that is stock other than an HPS can. Figure if it's time might as well do it now while I have the carbs out for a bath. Thanks for any feed back.

I was really impressed with the rage cage in my stock 08 really woke up the bottom end and mid range but since my bb the builder prefered the v force which I can't complain. I have a used rage cage system with 500 miles if you are interested.

skank

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
Mountain View, Wyoming 82939
I had issues on my 09 and 10 with the reed boots delaminating and coming apart. I would definetly take them out and inspect them very close. It was a pretty common issue for awhile.

Premium Features