• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tether cord for the pro

E

enis750

Nov 28, 2007
Area code 306
None of the above. If you take the hood off there is another bundle of wrapped connectors not far from the top of the steering post. It is a black connecter that a 2 prong end plugs into.

of course it is.........hahahah!
ok thanks for the tip

E

enis750

Nov 28, 2007
Area code 306
here r a few pics of my tether install
found the plug under the hood by the steering post
was a fairly easy install, but i always seem to find a way to make things harder!!LOL!

really have to tighten it up as it wanted to spin on me when the tether was on the base
got it to work tho
didnt get a chance to test it yet....was late and my sons room is just above the garage

did anyone have any issues with theirs, or pretty much plug in and go?
i never asked this at the delaer or here, but im assuming its all the same w the 800 and 600 right??

as well, i cant quite get the hood back in place...its like 1/8" from the holes lining up right
garage was warm, all clips etc...are in place....just dont wanna strip the holes where the bolts go back in

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

Last edited:

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Set the hood on and line up the holes for the screws. Start them in first then go to the front and smack it hard to pop it into place.
Back to the screws to tighten them down.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

E

enis750

Nov 28, 2007
Area code 306
Set the hood on and line up the holes for the screws. Start them in first then go to the front and smack it hard to pop it into place.
Back to the screws to tighten them down.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

ahhhh...knew there was a trick to this
thanks that's awesome

EDIT:

sorry off topic, BUT it does relate to this job
guys this is THE trick to the hood....get ur hood on, line up and start the screws about half way
get the hood just over the edge and smack er down...perfect fit!
i also replaced the 2 torx screws w an allen head one, very similar to the old REV y pipe bolts and a waSHER
much easier to get in and out and a better fit IMO

PS - tested my tether and it works great

Last edited:
X

XP2009

Sep 10, 2009
I run a Pingel tether cord from CR racing. Its a nice peice, looks different too.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Enis what is the part number of the tether you ordered. My dealer says Polaris doesn't make this part....

E

enis750

Nov 28, 2007
Area code 306
Enis what is the part number of the tether you ordered. My dealer says Polaris doesn't make this part....

lemme check in the am for you
i think i have the bill at my office for it

they def do make it...bought mine from the dealer and it was plug and play

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Thanks skibreeze, enis is that the same tether you used? This is just a mechanical switch correct? No electronics in it like the Ski Doo tether?

E

enis750

Nov 28, 2007
Area code 306

4010849 is the part number i purchased from my Poo dealer

Thanks skibreeze, enis is that the same tether you used? This is just a mechanical switch correct? No electronics in it like the Ski Doo tether?

yes mechanical only, it doesnt need to be programed in any way
really clean install and fairly easy to do
only thing i found is that it was tough to get the bottom portion of the tether to tighten up enough that it didnt wanna spin in the hole i cut

i think this was my fault tho, as i was using a step drill bit and it slipped on me near the end and i cut the hole a fraction too big
i just put some teflon tape near the bottom of the threads and it tightened it up nice in the hole
put a vise on the bottom and tighten the top and it was done

i always find ways to make an easy jobs hard tho..... :face-icon-small-con

T

trestlecreek

Sep 19, 2010
I bought 3 used 2011 Pro's late last year. I took them out twice, on the second ride one of the pro's would die, and if left for 5 minutes, start again only to die 100 yrds down the road. After two trips dropping it off at the dealer, they found it was the tether giving a short. They fixed it, then on the first ride this year one of the other pro's did the same thing. It died 6 times, I pulled the hood and disconnected the tether and has ran great. SOOOO, if your sled dies for no reason, then starts and runs for awhile and dies again, try disconnecting the tether. Good luck....

H

hogan assault

Feb 16, 2012
Alberta
So there is the plug that plugs directly in, then two extra wires the directions say to plug into the ignition. Is it just the direct plug required? Or did I miss where the other two connect? Thanks

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
For 2013 is it #4010849 or #2870668 for the plug and play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2870668* is the right accessory number, they are both actually the same part i believe but the 4010849 is off the parts fiche for the race sleds and is $6 more than the accessory tether.

EASY

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2009
Rocky Mountain House
So there is the plug that plugs directly in, then two extra wires the directions say to plug into the ignition. Is it just the direct plug required? Or did I miss where the other two connect? Thanks

If you are on a 2012 ?? just strip back the shrink sleave on the other two wires and install them in the supplied clip. I don't know if it is different for a 11 or 13

IMG_0050[1].jpg

800xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Easy - Are you saying on a 2012 the black plug on the tether plugs directly into a black plug found in the velcro pouch of bundled wires near the steering column? And you take the two extra wires on the tether and plug them into the extra black plastic connector that came with the tether, but that does not plug into anything?

R

rjkoll

Nov 4, 2009
2870668 was the part number everyone used last year, is the above number a superceeded number?

I ordered part number 2870668 and this is the connector I got which unless I am being completely stupid is not the correct connector. The connector in the harness on the sled has parallel pickups right?

index.php

Last edited:
Premium Features