• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tampico 2021

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Now this is my kinda weather!!! About 3 to 4 inches from Clover Flatts to the top!
30b368f23696c810a43c82297906036e.jpg
d260348e8502e045fdef2b8c0fc19fc2.jpg
0f077b49f84e7dafc746af51ed86d4d3.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

A
Jan 13, 2012
Central Washington
I bought a brand new Ski Doo Elan in September 1970. My first ride was October 15th. We unloaded at Tree Phones in about a foot of snow and there was about three feet at Darland Mountain. That winter there was good riding in the Ahtanum until Memorial Day. We went Ski Dooing on Darland then went down to the jeep bowl to watch the mud races. There was enough snow on Miner's Ridge in June and July to unload below Granite lake and ride to the lookout. There was enough snow left at Clover Springs near Little bald Lookout for a short ride the first week of August. Then on September 27th it snowed about three feet at Miner's Ridge Lookout. We rode every month for 12 months.:)

That never happened again.

On the road below Eagle's Nest.
QZu4ai3.png

On Divide ridge looking down on the clear cuts on Pine Grass Ridge. The plastic bags on the sleds have sleeping bags in them. We would go all night then sleep on the snow for awhile.
DuXxMAm.png

Last edited:
X
Jan 9, 2018
Drove up to the sno-park a couple of times to check. Now enough for me yet. Weather outlook not looking good. We can't get rid
of this high pressure. Looks like at least another week of Sunny weather.

T
Feb 9, 2020
Wa
Snowing at my place on Ahtanum now . Went up yesterday to check conditions ice at the Red Saddle parking lot no snow in the other lot , and 1 guy towing his wife's sled back to the parking lot .

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Went up Saturday for a ride, 4" new in the parking lot Saturday morning on top of mixed gravel/ice from there up the first couple miles, then good after that. 4 ft showing at the pole, definitely need more storms to come in. Without more snow coming in at parking lot level it's going to be hard to get up the first couple miles. You'll need some good momentum to get past the bypass at the middle fork gate, it's a sheet of ice.

X
Jan 9, 2018
I agree with 94fordguy. Locking the gates is a joke. I went up with my kids on Saturday also, 3 of my kids got stuck at the gate.
You have to go pretty fast to make it over the stumps, rocks and ice. Put the gang snow berm up and ticket anyone who shouldn't
be on the trails. I also noticed the groomer isn't doing the complete loop. He turned around at top. We need a lot more snow to feel safe getting off the trails. Think Pow!

T
Feb 9, 2020
Wa
Yeah the spot at the gate sucked . We went up Saturday also to try our new Sleds. Daughter got stuck at the gate, I got her through then I got stuck . After I was out 2 Snobikes were laid down going through, then 5 more sleds got stuck after they got out my wife got stuck . After Tree Phones it was decent riding though .

C
Nov 26, 2007
West Richland
Anyone been up lately , what's it like ?
Was up on Sunday. Found some good pockets of snow, definitely need more, but was a lot of fun. Trail was in good shape, sleds stayed below 125 heading up. Not sure what has happened this week as far as weather goes. If nothing new it is probably pretty tracked out by now.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Awesome conditions!
A lot of riding areas have opened up with all of this new snow.

Becareful of the high avy danger today.

Sent it

Premium Features