• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tampico 19/20

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
I know it should be good tomorrow up high just dont want to drive 2 hours one way tomorrow to find out there isn't enough to unload in the parking lot. Lol

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Snow level is dropping to 2500 tonight and staying that way all day tomorrow.
3ft + of new and another foot or 2 coming.
Should be a blizzard tomorrow and bluebird on Sunday.

Sent it

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
There is no more snow in either lot.
North fork has a lot of dirt/gravel.
We did not get much new snow, nothing even close to white pass claims.
Very windblown, hard to accurately measure. Maybe 8-10" of new snow.
Lots of ice and hard snow.

Sent it

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
There is no more snow in either lot.
North fork has a lot of dirt/gravel.
We did not get much new snow, nothing even close to white pass claims.
Very windblown, hard to accurately measure. Maybe 8-10" of new snow.
Lots of ice and hard snow.

Sent it
Thanks for the ride today KC and Todd, we appreciate you guys letting us tag along. We made the best of not so good conditions. I just like getting Keegan out so he continues to get better, hopefully we didn't hold you up to much.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Thanks for the ride today KC and Todd, we appreciate you guys letting us tag along. We made the best of not so good conditions. I just like getting Keegan out so he continues to get better, hopefully we didn't hold you up to much.
Not at all..
Tell him i said he did real good today.
Impressive for his age.
Give him another 3yrs and 30lbs and it may be hard to follow him...

Sent it

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
Not at all..
Tell him i said he did real good today.
Impressive for his age.
Give him another 3yrs and 30lbs and it may be hard to follow him...

Sent it
That's my goal. Lol
It has taken alot of time and patience to get him to this point. He is getting to where he can go most places. I keep telling myself he is only 14. I'm hoping in a couple more years he will be helping me. ?

C
Nov 26, 2007
West Richland
Bluebird day today. We are desperate need of snow below Treephones. Trail was iced up good this morning, had to stop twice before whites ridge. The groomer was getting some above Clover Flats. Found some areas of decent snow. Definitely was worth the trip. Trial out was a little softer but loosing coverage below whites ridge.

20200209_120318.jpg

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Up top, Should have 4-18in of new Saturday.
Hopefully a couple inches in the parking lot..
I can see Darland from town. Its not clear but definitely not heavy snow falling...

Sent it

Last edited:
C
Nov 26, 2007
West Richland
Up top, Should have 4-18in of new Saturday.
Hopefully a couple inches in the parking lot..
I can see Darland from town. Its not clear but definitely not heavy snow falling...

Sent it

Do you have any idea of the conditions at Rimrock airstrip? Dismal? I haven't been up to that area this year.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Just past the air strip, the road is covered in snow and ice. The air strip itself is dirt with patches of snow, along with the surrounding area.
Sec 3 lake has 12ft of snow but the conditions were no better than Tampico, other than unloading in snow and never seeing dirt all day. Really becareful of stumps over there. The snow is very shallow till u get close to sec 3.

Sent it

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Unless it has snowed after 4pm today. There isn't enough snow on the trail to comfortably ride from the parking lots.
2 miles of dirt and ice patches followed by 2 miles of ice then finally some snow.

U have to really search for decent snow. Its frozen and hard all over the place.
We still had fun and found plenty of decent snow. Nothing to get excited about but enough to make for a fun ride.

Sent it

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
We the snowmobilers need to politely ask for these gates to be opened. The Ahtanum area is now closed to all user groups. This is not appropriate and im sure it is not legal.

Sent it

Premium Features