• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tall Base and Mid Layers

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
I'm shooting for a layered system this year and just ordered the uninsulated shell Jacket and Bibs from Klim in Tall sizes but the dealer said they do not have any tall sizes available in the base and mid layers. Looking around and I might be able to find Carhart wool/rayon base bottom and tops but I'm not finding squat for decent Mid layer. Anyone got any advise for decent quality mid layers in tall sizes up to 2XLT?

ratlover

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 6, 2021
Central IL
Im 6’2” 180 and found the Klim reg base layers fit fine. Normally have issues finding stuff thats long enough in sleeves. If you have a Klim dealer I’d try on their stuff, may work for ya.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
I Ride anywhere from 50+f to -30-40f. I'm 6'7, I kinda need the tall sizes. I get people all the time tell me, "well they run kinda long" They are never long as a specified tall or long size. I tried on a size bigger Klim Mid layer jacket locally and it does run short for me. I did find some base layers on Amazon in the form of Carhart Poly/Wool mix. Also found fleece lined pants

Thermal Bottom
Amazon product ASIN B07MGJ1G1JThermal Top
Amazon product ASIN B07N4RJMQ4Another Thermal top
Amazon product ASIN B07N4R2XKDColumbia Thermal Top
Amazon product ASIN B073HSMSY7
Mid Bottom- Grabbed the last 2- I was debating between this an fleece lined tactical pants
Amazon product ASIN B09J8VMG7V
Now I'm just looking for a Mid Layer top that is flexible/elastic/stretchy etc. I looked up a few tops on Tacticalgear.com and Amazon but they seem a little bulky or like they are not very flexible.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
You can find the Merino wool base layer in tall sizes.
Doesn't show anymore on their website. Also checked with local dealer to order for 2023 and she said no base or mid layers in tall sizes this year are available from Klim. (yet they sell Tall shell jacket, pants and onesies. )

ratlover

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 6, 2021
Central IL
I thought I had an issue being 6’2” and thin. Doubtful at 6’7” the regular Klim stuff will work. Not sure if icebreaker has any tall wool sizes? I like their stuff as well.

Premium Features