• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

super phazer idea

T
Jan 31, 2010
Madrid, IA
I am Essex's buddy with the supercharged Phazer. Yes it was a pain to install, (about 24hrs total) and fuel mileage isnt good.(10-11mpg) Horsepower (more than i planned on). Smiles after an afternoon of taking my time to tune (helmet almost isnt big enough!) Problem is that i dont have a blowoff valve yet, should re-coop the mpgs according to Heath. Track is a 121x14x1 (MEGAPILE!) couldnt get traction before and now its like riding on ice in most snow. Cut down a 121x14x2in to hopefully solve that though. Even with the lack of traction, its BY FAR THEE most fun sled I have EVER been on. Essexy beat me out of the hole no doubt...i was still spinning at 85. More traction, and it will be a way different story. I run 87 and 110 50/50, but im at sea level with a bigger pulley on my s/c. Will report back when I change tracks and blowoff valve. Anyone running Sly Dogs or Gen.1's on their phazer? What do you think?

E

essexy

Jul 29, 2009
Ames, IA
Well put Todd. Sorry, I forgot about the blowoff valve. I'm glad you saw this post so we could get the opinion of someone who has actually done this. Remember, this is solely my opinion from somebody on the outside looking in. I'm sure when I get a chance to ride it I will love it! I tell ya, I really do miss how lightweight the Phazer was. Going to the Nytro is a whole-nother world. Can't wait to see it run with the new track! Bring on the snow!

S

Scott1

Oct 7, 2009
Black Hills S.D.
I am Essex's buddy with the supercharged Phazer. Yes it was a pain to install, (about 24hrs total) and fuel mileage isnt good.(10-11mpg) Horsepower (more than i planned on). Smiles after an afternoon of taking my time to tune (helmet almost isnt big enough!) Problem is that i dont have a blowoff valve yet, should re-coop the mpgs according to Heath. Track is a 121x14x1 (MEGAPILE!) couldnt get traction before and now its like riding on ice in most snow. Cut down a 121x14x2in to hopefully solve that though. Even with the lack of traction, its BY FAR THEE most fun sled I have EVER been on. Essexy beat me out of the hole no doubt...i was still spinning at 85. More traction, and it will be a way different story. I run 87 and 110 50/50, but im at sea level with a bigger pulley on my s/c. Will report back when I change tracks and blowoff valve. Anyone running Sly Dogs or Gen.1's on their phazer? What do you think?

Spend a afternoon playing with the gems box and fiquring out what works best and I'd bet the phazer will smoke his nitro, I know mine will:face-icon-small-hap

P.S. I can't keep a 153x2.5 planted good luck with the 121x2

Last edited:
Premium Features