• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

STOLEN STUFF

3rd truck and trailer from revy this year i believe, also heard a super duty with a deck and two sleds taken from Valemount this weekend too.

Was at Valemount Best Western this past weekend. Had 6 units , truck trailer and sleds, driven right through the compound gates. 2 friday night (1 from the Ramada), 2 saturday and i believe 2 sunday (1 again from the Ramada). Almost all were ford trucks. Before we left RCMP had already found the 2 trucks and trailers from the first night and they were ditched right in town. Sleds gone thou. We rolled into the Best western friday night (sat morning) at 3:30am. Saw a dirty silver honda car sitting with 2 people inside with the interior dome lights on when we turned in. No clue if it's related, but police said that video footage saw the truck at BW friday night being stolen at 4am. Also saw a white ford truck driving around the town when we pulled in. Again not sure if related. Let's hope they catch the buggars and give them over to the sledding community to deal with them first.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
3 D's

Demobilize
Dismember
Dispose

or

Shoot, Shovel & Shut up

I just talked to Santa, and he said it would be ok if we catch & butcher anyone stealing or vandalizing any of our sh_t!

Last edited:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Our group used to make 3 sometimes 4 trips each year to Revy. In fact my daughter was concieved up there, LOL.

None since 2010. Yes the riding is world class but the risk reward is way too high to take the chance.

Seriously Blitzkrieg?? Give your head a shake!!

You can't come up with a better response than this?? Between the Sledders and skiers that come into town every weekend, our town's population is nearly doubled on some weekends.

The RCMP are a Professional Force! As a Canadian and a Revelstokian, I am proud of the Heritage of the RCMP, I know they work hard and diligently.
I take Objection with your statement.

Pull off your rose colored glasses, there isnt a police force out there that is completely free of corruption... I doubt you are that naive!

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
another option

25 billion million suptillion sq KMs of mountain range in BC and Alaska.. try some where else

thieves go to target rich environments.

computer virus coders write countermeasures to the most popular mainstream anti virus.

go to places that thieves are not known to inhabit, it can happen anywhere but why increase the chance

R
Nov 3, 2010
I can not believe some of the responses, I know first hand how it feels as I live in Revy AND had my truck and trailer and two new pro's stolen one month ago. Are there bad cops everywhere, sure, are they helping guys steal sleads? NO, are you kidding me, the guy who bought my hot sled( ya I got it back) paid 3000$, he ordered it, told the scum bags he wanted a new Pro, it is those losers not the cops. Look into your own towns crime, everyone has it. Should the cops spend all their time watching my overpriced toys or guys beating their wives or child molesters, if that was happening there is something wrong with our system. it was/is my toy my responsibility, when are you guys gonna man up and realize we need to stop blaming others and take steps to stop this.probably how you teach your kids, just blame blame blame, not me. Buy insurance, take steps to lock your stuff and get on with life, if it is to scary to come to Revy for the best riding stay home, easy, problem solved. I would love less unskilled riders with WAY better sleds then their skill level trenching all our powder, or if your man enough to spend 200 000 on all those toys.......well

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
I can not believe some of the responses, I know first hand how it feels as I live in Revy AND had my truck and trailer and two new pro's stolen one month ago. Are there bad cops everywhere, sure, are they helping guys steal sleads? NO, are you kidding me, the guy who bought my hot sled( ya I got it back) paid 3000$, he ordered it, told the scum bags he wanted a new Pro, it is those losers not the cops. Look into your own towns crime, everyone has it. Should the cops spend all their time watching my overpriced toys or guys beating their wives or child molesters, if that was happening there is something wrong with our system. it was/is my toy my responsibility, when are you guys gonna man up and realize we need to stop blaming others and take steps to stop this.probably how you teach your kids, just blame blame blame, not me. Buy insurance, take steps to lock your stuff and get on with life, if it is to scary to come to Revy for the best riding stay home, easy, problem solved. I would love less unskilled riders with WAY better sleds then their skill level trenching all our powder, or if your man enough to spend 200 000 on all those toys.......well
Thank you I Agree.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
I can remember several years ago we were at the Sandman. We unhooked our trailer to run down for some Pizza at Zala's. We locked up the trailer etc. But the impressive thing was when we got back to the hotel about 4 hours later and were re-hooking up to the trailer we have a few guys yelling at us from their room. They wanted to know what the heck we were doing etc. I was impressed, and I was glad to be part of a group that looks out for each other.

It's really to bad this goes on. It is a major turn off for the town. Great little town. Just some really bad deals going down.

One last thing. I have always been told these guys like to take the entire show, the pickup, trailer all in one shot. Then they hit the trans and run down the road and load up into a container type truck. Their is no way your going to pull a 8'-6" wide trailer into a container truck.

Like others said they have to hit the back roads, take what they want and leave the rest. It should be a stolen truck/trailer bone yard in the spring I would think.

Thunder

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK

yah so the sounds of it a forum member overheard the guy bragging about the cheap sled and reported him. did he let the cops know who stole it for him?

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
sounds to me like 10 guys ought to spend a night in a trailer and wait for these a$$holes to try and take it.

Don't get me wrong....LOVE the idea in theory. Problem is, you are talking about guys with jobs, wives, kids, houses, dogs, hobbies, etc, vs some drugged out nobody's with nothing to lose and no concept of right/wrong.

Am I REALLY willing to potentially get arrested or hurt to teach some sh!theads a lesson and protect some painted junk? Not sure. Not sure how many people would actually sign up for that. Unfortunately, the other side kind of knows that too.....and again, they don't care regardless.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Don't get me wrong....LOVE the idea in theory. Problem is, you are talking about guys with jobs, wives, kids, houses, dogs, hobbies, etc, vs some drugged out nobody's with nothing to lose and no concept of right/wrong.

Am I REALLY willing to potentially get arrested or hurt to teach some sh!theads a lesson and protect some painted junk? Not sure. Not sure how many people would actually sign up for that. Unfortunately, the other side kind of knows that too.....and again, they don't care regardless.

Very good point.
You gotta know that you are capable to end it quickly & have your mind made up to do just that.
Willingness to play judge, jury & executioner in milliseconds and then be resourcefull enough to eliminate, not hide but eliminate any trace of that former person.

Sounds heroic & noble, but we all know our lefty judicial system would have no mercy on you IF you were ever caught.

But dammit, it's fun to think about!

Hopefully one day we will be able to legally "take out the trash".

Last edited:
B
Nov 26, 2007
Guys, when your with groups like that. Why doesn't someone keep their cellphone in the truck or hid away on the sled at night.
The gps on the phone will tell you exactly where the item is too. Both android and iPhone have great security for this.
Not sure how good a coverage you have up there, but it will give you a chance.

My phone will even take a picture remotely and email it to me.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Why doesn't someone keep their cellphone in the truck or hid away on the sled at night.
The gps on the phone will tell you exactly where the item is too. Both android and iPhone have great security for this.

I was thinking C4 under the drivers seat.

CANADIANS; This is a perfect example of why you need to rally your people to legalize sidearms. It's nothing short of pathetic that you can't have a handgun up there.

We have a lot of theft and crime down here too..... and a lot of dead criminals at the hands of responsible citizens.

An armed law abiding society is not only the biggest deterent to criminals but it's a society of the highest moral character.

J

jerrydecoy

May 12, 2011
coeurd'Alene, id
I make a few trips up to revy every year and to me it's worth the risk. I don't know the numbers as far as how many sleds come into town every winter vs the number stolen but I would think its a very small chance of not coming home with your stuff. Some of the nicest people I've ran into sledding over the years has been in revy. In my eyes the number of really good folks I meet far out weighs the few d-bags that might steal my chit!
It's too bad it goes on at all up there but I think anytime you've got six figures worth of truck, trailer and toys on wheels, there's always a chance someone might steal it. The only place we sled that I never see any crime is cooke city, mt. Guys leave sleds out and trailers unlocked. You might have to be a real dumb ars though to steal stuff in a town that only has one road out in the winter.
I will keep going to revy anyway. The snow and the people are too good to let a few arsholes keep me away!

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt

Did anything happen to the scum bag who paid 3k for your sled? They are the root of the problem and just as bad or worse than the actual thief. If it weren't for him there would be no demand for hot sleds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R
Oct 1, 2001
CANADIANS; This is a perfect example of why you need to rally your people to legalize sidearms. It's nothing short of pathetic that you can't have a handgun up there.

We have a lot of theft and crime down here too..... and a lot of dead criminals at the hands of responsible citizens.

An armed law abiding society is not only the biggest deterent to criminals but it's a society of the highest moral character.

We can own hand guns, but there's no open carry, or conseal carry allowed.
From home to the range, and back home and you need a perment for that too.
That's for all restricted firearms,M16,hand guns,lower price AR, high price one are nonrestricted,
Got to love Canadian Gun laws.

Premium Features