• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

STOLEN STUFF

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
CANADIANS; This is a perfect example of why you need to rally your people to legalize sidearms. It's nothing short of pathetic that you can't have a handgun up there.

We have a lot of theft and crime down here too..... and a lot of dead criminals at the hands of responsible citizens.

An armed law abiding society is not only the biggest deterent to criminals but it's a society of the highest moral character.

I don't think there would be nearly the demand for it in canada as the us. I don't think you'll find many people in 7,000 person bc mountain towns who feel the need for that level of personal and property protection. My dad has lived in city limits here for 40 years and I'd say 200 nights out of the year he forgets/leaves his keys in his truck and has never had a problem. I never had a house key growing up ever, door was just open.

I also wouldn't trust the legal system to be on your side if you blasted a guy stealing your snowmobile from a hotel parking lot. Again, not worth the risk to me for a glorified rototiller.

I don't think there would be nearly the demand for it in canada as the us. I don't think you'll find many people in 7,000 person bc mountain towns who feel the need for that level of personal and property protection. My dad has lived in city limits here for 40 years and I'd say 200 nights out of the year he forgets/leaves his keys in his truck and has never had a problem. I never had a house key growing up ever, door was just open.

I also wouldn't trust the legal system to be on your side if you blasted a guy stealing your snowmobile from a hotel parking lot. Again, not worth the risk to me for a glorified rototiller.

I'm sure youre right about less demand than the US. And I'm the same way about locking my car doors and stuff. Overall I give people the benefit of the doubt and don't worry about things I can't control. However guns are simply a tool just like a hammer or a walkinng stick and have dozens of legitimate uses other than personal protection from criminals or wildlife.

And your also right about "blasting" someone for stealing your snowmobile. You hope that doesn't happen and more than likely it's not going to. But if a scumbag is going to steal private property and there's a confrontation that scum bag should know that he could possibly get shot commiting his crime. That deters criminals plain and simple. Same with home robberies, there's far less home invasions in areas of our country where legal gun ownership is highest than in areas where criminals know people don't have guns.

If over reaching regulation of firearms were removed there would certainly be more demand for firearms and the shooting sports over time. Again not nearly as much as the US but I think that's simply a population difference and the fact that we've had an amendment to our constitution that guarantees our citizens the god given right to own and carry firearms.

The demand isn't really the point, the point is that crime rates decrease when the amount of legal guns increase. This is a well known fact in the US. The cities with the strictest gun controls have the largest amount of crime... by far. ie; Chicago, Wa dc, LA etc.

And I guess crime rate really isn't the point either. If a government doesn't trust it's people to be responsible for themselves and carry firearms then that's a serious problem.

We can own hand guns, but there's no open carry, or conseal carry allowed.
From home to the range, and back home and you need a perment for that too.
That's for all restricted firearms,M16,hand guns,lower price AR, high price one are nonrestricted,
Got to love Canadian Gun laws.

Interesting to know, I wasn't aware of the exact regulations up there. I've heard that people in the backcountry basically carry anyway when in bear country etc.

It's funny about the high and low price AR difference up there. Pretty ridiculous. Just this year we barely defeated a barage of similar idiotic gun control measures down here after the shooting in Conneticut. It's pretty discusting but there's a ton of politicians and groups down here that want to take a horribly tragic event like school shootings and use them as a political tool to pass an agenda.

Funny story about AR's; The gun control nut bags really wanted to ban "assault weapons" and an intersting fact that floated around thankfully was that 3 or 4 times as many people had been murdured with hammers in the last two years than AR's and AK's. That was one of many facts that shot a hole in their banning argument.

T
Jan 13, 2013
Handguns

I guess in the states they only hand out the handguns to the legitimate citizens and not the criminals. Others wise it would just be dead people from both sides.

Premium Features