• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stock Crate Weights RMK / M8

B

BoxStock

Mar 25, 2008
Me and a friend purchased a hanging scale. It wont be certified but not that important. We want to see actual difference between my PC LE 162 and his Pro 163. I agree with weighing full of fluids except gas drained, easy to back off gas if both are full. I don't know Carls but they are a Polaris dealer, not sure how they had a cat in the crate? I am expecting around the 40 pound range but will see.

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
Why on earth would you hit the same tree the same way on two different sleds?
Isn't that the definition of insanity, doing the exact same thing expecting different results?

Just to clarify, this is a sarcastic joke, getting more apparent every day that people will fight about anything, so I thought it would clear up any confusion about my post before someone got their feelers hurt.

Funny, I've ripped the entire left side off of a Poo w/o bending the bulkhead. Completely destroyed a TCP bumper, which on an 08 are built like a brick **** house, without damage to the bulkhead. Yet, the '11 Doo I had didn't fare as well with the tree that it went into.

Last edited:

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Why on earth would you hit the same tree the same way on two different sleds?
Isn't that the definition of insanity, doing the exact same thing expecting different results?

Just to clarify, this is a sarcastic joke, getting more apparent every day that people will fight about anything, so I thought it would clear up any confusion about my post before someone got their feelers hurt.

It was three sleds, same way, same tree.......:face-icon-small-win

J

Jeff K

Jan 26, 2008
Calgary, AB
I weighed my 163 Pro after I picked it up from the dealer.
452.3 lbs (-2.4 lbs for straps) = 450 lbs
-1 lb for hand guards
-10 lbs for ~2 gal gas
-12 lbs for coolant
-2 lbs for ~1L oil

Also,
The stock Pro 163" track = 52 lbs
The new Camo Extreme 3" x 162 x 15 track = 59 lbs

I will weigh it again once the Track, KMOD and Raptor Shocks are installed and see how much they add over the stock parts. I will also weigh it full of fluids RTR once its back together as well.

20121012_191645.jpg

20121012_191752.jpg

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I would really like to see all sleds weighed full of fuel and oil. BTW, I put spot on 11 gallons into my Pro last year a couple of times so I know they will empty the tank to minimum of a 1/2 gallon. I am not doubting what the guy said about taking 2 gallons to prime them but they don't leave 2 gallons in the tank and stall out empty.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
2 feet of that strap is hanging on the ground. Have to add a little back for that. Also, some of the sled weight could transfer to the ground, through the strap on the floor. Not sure if this will be accurate enough for people. Can you also post a picture of you weighing the straps, dry, by themselves. Next, soak the straps, in water, overnight. weigh them again and take a picture of them and post it. You will then have a dry weight and a ready to weigh weight for those that like the straps that way. If you do this right then maybe people will believe that the pro is pretty light and the cat is a little bit heavier and cost a bunch extra to get this way.

Monty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wet Coast
I weighed my 163 Pro after I picked it up from the dealer.
452.3 lbs (-2.4 lbs for straps) = 450 lbs
-1 lb for hand guards
-10 lbs for ~2 gal gas
-12 lbs for coolant
-2 lbs for ~1L oil

Also,
The stock Pro 163" track = 52 lbs
The new Camo Extreme 3" x 162 x 15 track = 59 lbs

I will weigh it again once the Track, KMOD and Raptor Shocks are installed and see how much they add over the stock parts. I will also weigh it full of fluids RTR once its back together as well.

20121012_191645.jpg

20121012_191752.jpg

Color combo looks good, gonna turbo it?

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
2 feet of that strap is hanging on the ground. Have to add a little back for that. Also, some of the sled weight could transfer to the ground, through the strap on the floor. Not sure if this will be accurate enough for people. Can you also post a picture of you weighing the straps, dry, by themselves. Next, soak the straps, in water, overnight. weigh them again and take a picture of them and post it. You will then have a dry weight and a ready to weigh weight for those that like the straps that way. If you do this right then maybe people will believe that the pro is pretty light and the cat is a little bit heavier and cost a bunch extra to get this way.

Made my day. Lol

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
I have discovered that if I shave my hoo-ha and collect the residue off the floor, (from the shaving, not all that other crap that was on the floor before I started), (no, I'm not taking pics for proof of previous residue, shaved residue, or results of shaving), If I place the total amount on a scale, there are absolutely no results. (as far as a numerical increase on the scale) I have tried this after days, weeks, months, and even years between shavings.

As a result of these studies, I have determined that no matter how much is shaved off, the end result is always the same. She smiles more as she passes by, whether this is silent laughter, or a mischievous gleam in her eye makes no difference. I always seem to get better results after the process is complete performance increases. I tried wet shaving residue wieghts once, but I suppose I shouldn't have used a digital scale for that, pop, hiss, yup, had to buy a new scale.

So, my final thoughts are, wieghts don't matter so much as fun factor.

As far as Vohk's efforts, thank you, I do appreciate a little honest comparison, realizing variables exist in this world, You did add to my insight as to the two sleds shop wieghts. In all honesty, it is a factor I have thought about, however, due to money and fun factor and simply seeing now as not the time for a change, I continue to love my 2011 m8 turbo, don't have a clue how much it wieghs at ANY time, yet doesn't seem to matter as the various vegetation, rocks, missing a-arms, snow load, lunch from the sled next to me, etc. constantly changes, up,or, down goes the wieght, (I swear I crapped a five pound sausage omelet one morning @ 10, sled wheelied off like it was a, ur, I mean had a five pound lighter rider on it, no more cramps and a fun day was had by all.

SO, in keeping it short, Variable wieghts will very much vary according to their variables. Invariably.

Hope for some this was invaluable.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I have discovered that if I shave my hoo-ha and collect the residue off the floor, (from the shaving, not all that other crap that was on the floor before I started), (no, I'm not taking pics for proof of previous residue, shaved residue, or results of shaving), If I place the total amount on a scale, there are absolutely no results. (as far as a numerical increase on the scale) I have tried this after days, weeks, months, and even years between shavings.

As a result of these studies, I have determined that no matter how much is shaved off, the end result is always the same. She smiles more as she passes by, whether this is silent laughter, or a mischievous gleam in her eye makes no difference. I always seem to get better results after the process is complete performance increases. I tried wet shaving residue wieghts once, but I suppose I shouldn't have used a digital scale for that, pop, hiss, yup, had to buy a new scale.

So, my final thoughts are, wieghts don't matter so much as fun factor.

As far as Vohk's efforts, thank you, I do appreciate a little honest comparison, realizing variables exist in this world, You did add to my insight as to the two sleds shop wieghts. In all honesty, it is a factor I have thought about, however, due to money and fun factor and simply seeing now as not the time for a change, I continue to love my 2011 m8 turbo, don't have a clue how much it wieghs at ANY time, yet doesn't seem to matter as the various vegetation, rocks, missing a-arms, snow load, lunch from the sled next to me, etc. constantly changes, up,or, down goes the wieght, (I swear I crapped a five pound sausage omelet one morning @ 10, sled wheelied off like it was a, ur, I mean had a five pound lighter rider on it, no more cramps and a fun day was had by all.

SO, in keeping it short, Variable wieghts will very much vary according to their variables. Invariably.

Hope for some this was invaluable.

Now this was funny.

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
Well all that BS ought to drive the final nail in the coffin in regards to Erik\Vohk. Posts the weights and all it does is open up a bash fest. No wonder he no longer comes on Snowest. A shame as he truly knows his stuff.

Sam

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
Well all that BS ought to drive the final nail in the coffin in regards to Erik\Vohk. Posts the weights and all it does is open up a bash fest. No wonder he no longer comes on Snowest. A shame as he truly knows his stuff.

Sam

So true. Erik is a stand up guy and great tuner. Sells and tunes BOTH brands for those that didn't know. He has zero reason to post anything but the truth.

Premium Features