• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Starting a boondockers turbo this year

Z
Nov 26, 2007
my buddy has an 08 assult with bd pump gas and since he has had the update done it also floods everytime he shuts it off, total pain in the azz

ridgeclimber

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Maple Ridge B.C.
BD controller #'S

I had the update done. I then had to lower all the #'s from last year's #'s. It runs better and pull's harder then last year. But mine is hard starting when shut off when hot. I talked to BD and they suggested lowering the low #'s at the 3000 rpm setting. I did that and it seems to idle better and maybe alittle better starting. If it still won't start I have to give it w.o.t. and pull my gut's out. I think this has nothing to do with the BD PG controller, it is a Polaris programing issue and BD is just trying to make it work.

M

mod03rmk800

Nov 26, 2007
missoula
I found that the majority of the time if I WOT it would start first pull. If not by the second pull, I had to do the unplug the box deal. It is a serous pain to deal with for sure out boondocking.

D

DRAPE

Feb 19, 2008
NSL UT
Any new information on the hot start? Is the solution to flash back to 2009?

ridgeclimber

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Maple Ridge B.C.
hot hard starting

I still have the hard starting. Yesterday we went out and that hard starting wrecked my hole day. There was at least a couple of feet of fresh powder. So every time I got stuck or stopped to meet the other guy's I was left to try to start this thing. I had the spark plugs out to look at them and check the plug readings. They look good. I then put a new set of plugs in it. It seemed to start better and run better. I still have to give it some throttle when starting it but it starts. How long should a set of plugs last. I reread the BD pg install instructions and the say boost and race gas is hard on plugs. In what way or how do you know if they are no good? Also when tuning I have read to read your plugs and wash? What do they mean wash?

Premium Features