• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

So the invasion kicked off

K
Apr 12, 2018
Agree 100%. When I was stationed near Baumholder GE 92-94 a young Sgt in my section served prior service (got out and came back in) as a tanker in an M-60 stationed in Fulda GE in early 80's. Back then the M60 had all the capabilities of the M1 Abrams but did not have the armor. Reagan nearly kicked off hostilities speaking into a mic check during a speech "We begin bombing in 5min" damn near kicked off WW3 back then. People don't know how much that single comment. Within hours of that comment my buddies brigade was on their assigned positions on the Fulda Gap with Russian tanks in their sights prepared to fire. They knew they were cannon fodder as their orders were to take out as many as they could at range with their load of ammo while retreating, once empty they were on their own. They were only there to slow movements down while other units came into theater.

I was there for one of the last annual Reforgers that several stateside units would receive orders and deploy with all their equipment and vehicles to Germany, NATO brought in troops from other countries and we'd tear up the German countryside. I was there to see many units get drawn down and back into the states. We would often go to the German Artillery's School in Idar Oberstein. We often mingled with those guys. The regulars that stayed in after their 2 yr conscript service were some hard charging professionals. The problem was is there did not seem to be enough of them. Many of the conscripts looked like college nerds, not artillery men. In the field, many performed about as expected as they looked. about 1/4 of the gun crews had their stuff together (photo)

About the only country I think that could hold their own for awhile is Britain. I think all the others are real freakin nervous that they have not built up their armed forces over the last few years. Germany really has no excuse due to their economy, we cleared out a lot of our bases that they could have easily taken over and utilized, but they never did. Russia has no better opportunity than today to rid themselves of the threat of NATO.

View attachment 385403
Thank you for your service!

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Angela Merkel is an utter disgrace to Germany. How she remains in office is beyond my understanding. I loved being in that country surrounded by the scenery, culture, food (& beer) and people there were absolutely awesome with lots of memories and still have several civilian friends over there to this day. Still baffles my friends how she managed to pull out the last election.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
If there is one place I want to see it would be that beautiful country , Merkel has been groomed for that position just like that prick in Canada , France , and many in this country . Dan Crenshaw also belongs to that group , how's that for are you ****ting me .
Start digging into these people and they all have one thing in common .

1645896450289.png
Improving what ? Are you ****ing kidding me ? World's going to **** in a hand basket and these mother ****ers haven't done a thing about **** .

The people of this world are being crushed by these people .

Last edited:
K
Dec 27, 2021
Norway
They (Europe) ain't going to do squat. They are dependent on Russia for oil. Horse and pony show is all it is.

They Europe are mostly all part of the Nato alliance and there fore can't do ****. And also, Europe is not dependent on Russia for Oil, but around 40% of natural gas comes from Russia. But the reason Europe can't do anything is because that would mean Nato attacking Russia, and we will have WW3.

Premium Features