• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz Concept front suspension/BLACK project

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The AirFrame Boards and the AirFrame Seat make a HUGE DIFFERENCE on the sled.!!

Those were excellent mods last summer.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Well, the first 10 sets were shipped to OFT in the last couple days... They are probably just checking them into inventory now.

I wonder how many of them are spoken for? OFT???

I have a local guy that wants me to build up his Nitro early this year. (last year, last minute ordering on his Apex just did not cut it!!)

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Well, the first 10 sets were shipped to OFT in the last couple days... They are probably just checking them into inventory now.

I wonder how many of them are spoken for? OFT???

The first ten are all spoken for and quite a few more. We are shipping to customers based on the order that the orders came in.

The next round of kits looks like it will be next week.

If any of you have not gotten your OEM Float 2's in to us to upgrade to the spherical bearings, please get them in so the orders do not get delayed.

Scott

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Scott,

Are you actually machining the caps/bodies for the bearings or adding new caps and bodies?

We've got a really kick-a$$ dremel tool. Only screw up every other one :D

DSC01075.jpg

Seriously though, we bore the ends, machine the retaining ring grooves and then install the bearings and spacers for the shock mount points.

Scott, I shipped my shocks today.

Thanks K.W. I'll keep an eye out for them.

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
There's been a little confusion on how to determine if your shocks already have spherical bearings installed in them. As a general rule, any OEM supplied Float or Float 2 does not have them. If the shocks were purchased from an aftermarket supplier, they will generally have the bearings already installed.

You will be able to tell about the bearings by looking at the side of the shock, this can be done with the shock still mounted on the snowmobile.

DSC01284.jpg

The shock on the right has metal spacers which means that it has spherical bearings.

The shock on the left has larger plastic bushings which means it does NOT have spherical bearings and will need to be upgraded.

Also keep in mind that the SPG Concept front end is designed to use 17.5" center to center length shocks. Some aftermarket shocks ( i.e. Timbersled Barkbuster ) may only be 16.5"

Scott

Premium Features