• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ski doo 2007 800r problems?

W
Feb 13, 2014
So im fairly new to snowmobiling and i just bought an 07 800r ski doo with 500 miles on it the guy i bought it from didnt know anything about it. He bought it just to take him and his wife up a mountain "trail" to there cabin where they went skiing. He had no manual and i cant really find anything on it. Is there any grease nipples as i have heard there are? is there anything that this sled is prone to? the carbs where super dirty thats about all that was wrong. Does any one have a link to a manual?

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
Probably not under the seat as the REV chassis seat is bolted down. Yes there are grease zirks on the rear skid/suspension pivot points. I believe about 5?? Problems, well it was the first year of the 800R motor which they had problems with crank bearings. I'm sure some guys with more experience with the R motor will chime in about that. Will probably advise you to check the run-out of the crankshaft on the clutch side.

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
By the way, congrats on the new sled!! Should be a goody with only 500miles if it doesn't have any crank issues.

W
Feb 13, 2014
Thanks its like new but i noticed the sliders are toast. Also unlike my friends summit 800 the skis wont come off the ground unless its on a slope :face-icon-small-fro is it somthing to do with the clutches? lol i wanna wheelie

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
It won't neccasarily screw it up, it depends what you want. If you loosen the limiter strap allowing more rear suspension pressure to unload weight from the front end it will take less rider input to turn the bars. However, the lightening of front end pressure can make the steering light at trail speeds (bars are turned, but sled isn't turning). All is based on what you want, if you ride a lot of high speed trails and don't want to blow through a corner, then you may not want to loosen it up. I only ride trails long enough to get off of them and know I need to slow down to make corners so I don't care how it turns on the trail, I want the weight transfer and ease of turning the bar. Do you want a mountain sled or a trail sled??? It doesn't matter what you do to the sled, if the limiter strap is sucked up as tight as it goes the front end will always be planted.

Hanging in there
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
somewhere in South East Idaho
So im fairly new to snowmobiling and i just bought an 07 800r ski doo with 500 miles on it the guy i bought it from didnt know anything about it. He bought it just to take him and his wife up a mountain "trail" to there cabin where they went skiing. He had no manual and i cant really find anything on it. Is there any grease nipples as i have heard there are? is there anything that this sled is prone to? the carbs where super dirty thats about all that was wrong. Does any one have a link to a manual?

go to the ski-doo web site and go into it~ there is a service manual there that ya can load for free~~ ya can look up your parts and service information~http://www.ski-doo.com/home

Premium Features