• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber BOV upgrade

TracSnake10

Premium Member
Mar 19, 2017
I was looking to add a blowoff valve to my silber kit. I’m on my second season with the kit and the chirping/surging just drives me crazy. I’ve seen that cycles and sleds sells a turbo smart bov which is what I thought I’d buy. But I just saw that silber offers an upgrade kit which shows a new compressor housing with an integrated bov. Anybody tried it?

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
When I had my Silber I went with the CnS kit and it was nice to have the boost T and BOV. I guess if you want to see what's happening inside the compressor the Silber BOV would be alright but I guess for me it's nice not having to mess with it and just add it to the system. I have no clue if one is better than the other but I'm sure it works fine.

TracSnake10

Premium Member
Mar 19, 2017
When I had my Silber I went with the CnS kit and it was nice to have the boost T and BOV. I guess if you want to see what's happening inside the compressor the Silber BOV would be alright but I guess for me it's nice not having to mess with it and just add it to the system. I have no clue if one is better than the other but I'm sure it works fine.

Yeah I’ve thought about adding the boost T, but keep coming back to thinking i don’t need any more power than how it comes.

I know it’s not much of a money difference between the two options, but I did think the silber looked appealing. Adding on to the system I’ve already got, and the price being just little cheaper.

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
The T can adjust both ways which can be nice. Also the CnS kit comes with a boost gauge which I needed. I had issues with the tubes blowing off the throttle bodies because I was running too much boost and I was able to see what boost I was running. It came set at 8 lbs from Silber.

TracSnake10

Premium Member
Mar 19, 2017
The T can adjust both ways which can be nice. Also the CnS kit comes with a boost gauge which I needed. I had issues with the tubes blowing off the throttle bodies because I was running too much boost and I was able to see what boost I was running. It came set at 8 lbs from Silber.
I’ve read people saying that silbers kits came set higher than what they claim. I thought it was 5.5psi for the ctec. Your kit coming set at 8 psi makes me think I do need a boost gauge and T.

That would also explain why I don’t think I need more power.

Premium Features