• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shipping A snowmobile

B

Brett Slagle

Jan 11, 2008
uship.com

I've used it a bunch. Sleds and other larger hauls. I highly recommend.

FirstPlaceParts

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Mina, SD
www.FirstPlaceParts.com
Shipping

I have not shipped a sled but have shipped several dirt bikes, I've paid anywhere from $300 to $600 for a dirt bike. I've also tried the website mentioned above once and found that it was cheaper to just go with a local trucking company.

Whatever town the sled is coming from, look up trucking company and go down and talk to them. They can give you a quote on how much it will cost to ship it and how it needs to be crated.

On some of my bikes they've wanted it boxed up so they are not liable for damage on a few others I have just strapped it to a pallet so it does not tip over and shipped it that way.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
ive used usf and iirc old dominion(??)

one was a snow scoot and it was around 300, the other was a 600 rmk and it was 400, but i have a buddy that worked there and set it up for me, not sure what "retail" would be.

T
Nov 4, 2017
"Reasonable" may be subjective here since it's not cheap to ship a vehicle, even a sled. That said, I've used A-1 Snowmobile shipping twice and I would again. I have my own set up for trips I do in state, but if it's more than a workable one day drive, then I just ship it. I'm sure there's other options out there, but I did not have an easy time finding an outfit that had experience with snowmobiles.

Premium Features