• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

seizures?

E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
Picked mine up from the dealer, topped of oil, added gas, looked things over, added a goggle bag and extra belt, took to snow, let it warm up and then rode it over 60 miles without issue. Sled ran great all day, saw 8150-8200 RPM and it ran strong from 5000-7800 feet.

Can't wait until we have more snow to see how they really run, but from what I felt Cat as a real winner.

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
I really think the airbubble thing is bs i know ive had my oil light on going down a road hauling azz and its a road that never gets groomed it is one rough sob. Iam pretty sure as hard as my sled was bounceing around that i had to get air in the line we have all done this and our sleds are still running.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Umm, the dealers set the sleds up and do the final inspection before delivery to the customer, not the manufacturer. PDI, you may have heard the acronym before.

Was the extra oil added to your last three sleds by Polaris or your dealer? Your dealer added the oil.

I agree with you. But others here are talking about break in procedures I've never heard of. I can see if a dealer simply screws up the oil. That is something they have done since snowmobiling started. AC even acknowledges the air line issue. Don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking AC. I get a new sled next year so I'm watching what the three 2 stroke 800's are doing.

A

AKboondocker

Feb 4, 2006
Wasilla, Alaska
i have always wondered how its in a dealers benifit to have a sled all tuned up when it leaves..

they will sell twice as many belts if they dont align the clutches, they will sell twice as much oil if they make it run a little rich.

if it brakes under warranty they know cat (in most cases) will pay them to fix it.

where is the bonus for them putting it together having better belt life and being bullet proof reliable?

-Aksnopro

The bonus is that they get to sell more sleds, and by doing so can keep thier doors open.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
yeah, i agree there are some perks to getting a customer a good sled. i call every dealer for the best price, because even if i did have a good dealer, who knows if the 14 year old mechanic didnt do my setup. so really price means more to me then setup. but i see what your saying. from what i have seen in the industry the 14 year old new mechanic does setups and the good mechanic is fixing broken shat!

there should be another bulletin shortly about the jack shaft lock ring only having 1 of the three tabs bent in causing misalignment in the clutches. its behind the jack shaft chain case gear.

-Aksnopro

Premium Features