• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RKT or Dalton clutching???

D
Sep 17, 2009
Foam Lake SK Canada
I'm still on the fence. I ride 50% at home 2000' and 50% at 8000' in B.C.

The m8 already has the 36 degree helix and lighter weights for riding high elevation. I need something that will work down low too, so I might try mels stuff. When I go west I'll take it with some adjustable weights. If I can't make it work on the first day I'm switching back to the stock stuff and looking elsewhere. All the other kits seem to use something very close to a 44/36 progressive helix. So they should be pretty close in performance. Jimmy at BMP or Kelsy at RKTek is probably the way I would go. Or...like you said, just go with the sure thing and forget about it.

MUZBOMB

Lifetime Membership
Aug 15, 2008
Albeta sometimes Saskatchewan
I'm still on the fence. I ride 50% at home 2000' and 50% at 8000' in B.C.

The m8 already has the 36 degree helix and lighter weights for riding high elevation. I need something that will work down low too, so I might try mels stuff. When I go west I'll take it with some adjustable weights. If I can't make it work on the first day I'm switching back to the stock stuff and looking elsewhere. All the other kits seem to use something very close to a 44/36 progressive helix. So they should be pretty close in performance. Jimmy at BMP or Kelsy at RKTek is probably the way I would go. Or...like you said, just go with the sure thing and forget about it.

Ya i ride the same 50/50 i live in Lloydminster AB. I have had Kelsey's 34/36 progressive helix with a sno pro green spring on my old 07 M8 and it work awesome around 2000 and in BC at 7500 so i am not sure??

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Sorry fasta- I didn't mean to negative rate your post my smartphone wasn't so awesome on the touch screen with my fat fingers.

It's been said before, I'm sticking with the guys who test and ride at high elevations no brainer at least to me. It would be interesting to see an unbiased test though that I would like to see.

fasta76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2008
Lumby,BC
No problem! I was thinking along the same lines as you! Just bored with no snow to ride.....:face-icon-small-fro So i was looking at old posts.

Last edited:

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Summer is the best time to read and learn that's for sure!!

Headrush

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
^^^

Get your beak out of the Penthouse Forums, you will learn nothing about boondocking there.

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

boone

Premium Member
May 27, 2007
Crazytown!!
Ya i ride the same 50/50 i live in Lloydminster AB. I have had Kelsey's 34/36 progressive helix with a sno pro green spring on my old 07 M8 and it work awesome around 2000 and in BC at 7500 so i am not sure??

Seems that you answered your own question there! If it works...stick with it! If you have some extra money to burn...try something different and see how it works. You can always change back to the RKT setup.

Boone

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
anyone have updates on these setups after using them? i will be bouncing back and forth between 2000' asl and the higher elevations of MT and WY with my 09 M8. id like to hear some feedback after some of you used these for a season.

Premium Features