• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Recall 2021 3,5" Series 8 drivers?

S

SLAZYH

Sep 18, 2020
Mine said they're not expecting anything until March/April

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Over budget

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 13, 2019
Centerville utah
If your waiting on Polaris to do it. It’s not gonna be before the snow melts. I just went a head and done after market drivers I almost like the sled now. It’s hard to start hot or cold supposedly it’s got the latest 21.5 flash but it still don’t like to start. Runs great after you get her to lite up though

C
Jan 14, 2020
Put slight tension on the throttle and mine starts when warm pretty much 100% of the time.

So funny thing is i have my series 8 2.75 on the loosest polaris spec of ⅝ inch with 10lbs or whatever and it doesnt ratchet. But its so goddamn tight i know its robbing horsepower. And it is rubbing a ton. Still gonna get my dealer to swap it.
Ran it in 24" of powder and 24 inch of powder eith 18" of wet-ish heavy powder and i never got ratcheting.

law.74

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 16, 2017
I called my dealer. The service manager knew nothing about the issue. He read the bulletin while I was on the phone. His answer is wait for Polaris...

A
Jan 10, 2010
If your waiting on Polaris to do it. It’s not gonna be before the snow melts. I just went a head and done after market drivers I almost like the sled now. It’s hard to start hot or cold supposedly it’s got the latest 21.5 flash but it still don’t like to start. Runs great after you get her to lite up though
What drivers did you go with?

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
Anyone hear anymore on this? I took a copy of recall into my dealer and their service dept has not been able to get any info on it yet..
I asked last week. There still isn't "kit" from Polaris to fix this yet, although it seems like all of the individual parts may be available. I suspect Polaris is just dragging their feet in hopes people will give up.

I have the full avid anti-ratchet and cut rail tips and after riding a matryx with the new drivers I'm going to continue pursuing making Polaris fix mine - partly out of principle for releasing such a junk product, but mostly because the new drivers are buttery smooth whereas I have so much vibration it puts my feet to sleep. I also have to keep my track way tighter than those with the new drivers. This is side by side comparison and not speculation.

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
Damn right they should fix their mistake. Let us know something.... its been 6 months since the bulletin came out.

Screenshot_20211101-224959_Chrome.jpg

Speed-Demon

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 25, 2020
AK
I stopped in about a week ago. Was told no sled warranty stuff til September. That also included fuel filter recalls. They wanted pictures of my track to start the process.

law.74

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 16, 2017
I stopped in about a week ago. Was told no sled warranty stuff til September. That also included fuel filter recalls. They wanted pictures of my track to start the process.
So I have to ruin the track before they’ll replace the drivers?

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
My driver update kit is at the dealer. The track pic might be to include track replacement... as it should. Mine is just the drivers and anti stab so far.

Ex-Flit

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
North Branch, MN
called dealership today to schedule mine, they said the parts are on back order again but would be in stock Sept. 9th. Sounds like they are changing drivers no matter what and then if your track has damage they change that too, but it almost sounded like it was a second claim.

law.74

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 16, 2017
Parts back ordered but order-able for me as well.

law.74

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 16, 2017
Dropped off yesterday for the update.
Only 260 miles on the sled. Exclusive wife meadow muffin riding due to ratcheting. Saved the track though. ?can’t wait to ride it post update.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
Does anyone know if the update includes new rails? I don't see how they can do extroverts on the MY21 sleds without either cutting the tips or installing new rails, but the update announcement I saw didn't mention new rails.

-edit: the announcement says new "rail sliders" - I'm guessing this means rails and not hyfax, which is what rail sliders are to me?

law.74

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 16, 2017
No new rails for me. I was a guinnea pig for my dealer. Not happy with damage to rail coating in multiple areas but nothing I can prove as I failed to take detailed photos of the rails before dropping it off. Pics of the new parts...

This sled was babied due to the ratcheting problem. Hence the nearly new track that did not require replacement. I have not tested on the snow yet.

IMG_2164.jpegIMG_2163 copy.jpg

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
No new rails for me. I was a guinnea pig for my dealer. Not happy with damage to rail coating in multiple areas but nothing I can prove as I failed to take detailed photos of the rails before dropping it off. Pics of the new parts...

This sled was babied due to the ratcheting problem. Hence the nearly new track that did not require replacement. I have not tested on the snow yet.

View attachment 395309View attachment 395310
Hmm it sure looks like they cut your rail tips to install the new caps.

My ratcheting was so bad I had to go extroverts and MNTK anti stab, but I was really hoping for new rails and the full Polaris set up as I have already been through a set of bearings on this MNTK anti stab in only 500 miles and the avid drivers vibrate so bad compared to the Polaris set up. I'm in line for the kit so we shall see.

Premium Features