• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Quickdrive issues 850 Kaos Matryx Slash 165?

R
Jan 3, 2018
Lake Tahoe
So here is the results. Loose nut! Checked everywhere to see if soemthing is missing a nut. Looks like Polaris is providing us loose hardware floating around in engine compartment. Nice of them. In my case it is clear that when the QD spun it made the nut slide up the plastic cover until it made contact with my running board. Then it would stay there and grind away my belt.

Check everywhere in you engine compartments for loose hardware. Doesnt look like I am the only lucky customer to receive complimentary extra hardware.

20220227_143924.jpg 20220227_143636.jpg 20220227_150405.jpg

Lobster Carl

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2018
My 2014 iqr had an extra y pipe gasket foating around. You never know what you might find. I dont trust anyone always best to check thoroughly. Especially with the belt drive

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
22 Matryx had a loose, broken rivet head and two loose tie wraps below the motor, and an extra bumper nyloc nut floating around under the clutches. Plastic belly pan was not attached at the bulkhead, just empty holes, never fastened. Assume the rivet broke at install and the line just installed another. Dealer never looked or didn't care. At least the wire harness was attached better than usual. Always run a magnet through every new chassis, and follow-up with a good light and mirror. Not the first time I found extra pieces, doos included.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
OP, that's the nut they use to attach the rear and front bumpers.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Sounds like gotta turn them upside down and give em a good shake. Hopefully find some loose change for accessories.

R
Jan 3, 2018
Lake Tahoe
22 Matryx had a loose, broken rivet head and two loose tie wraps below the motor, and an extra bumper nyloc nut floating around under the clutches. Plastic belly pan was not attached at the bulkhead, just empty holes, never fastened. Assume the rivet broke at install and the line just installed another. Dealer never looked or didn't care. At least the wire harness was attached better than usual. Always run a magnet through every new chassis, and follow-up with a good light and mirror. Not the first time I found extra pieces, doos included.
Good advice!

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
You know, you are right and now that makes me think. I ordered my sled with the upgraded front bumper. Which means my dealer installed it. Possible this doesn't fall on Polaris. Hard to say.
The OEM bumper kit provides new nyloc nuts to attach the front bumper just like you found, your hunch is a good one - dealer may have just dropped one. Mine was definitely from the factory, dealer did nothing but typical PDI, and there were no missing nuts. FWIW.

K
Apr 12, 2018
So here is the results. Loose nut! Checked everywhere to see if soemthing is missing a nut. Looks like Polaris is providing us loose hardware floating around in engine compartment. Nice of them. In my case it is clear that when the QD spun it made the nut slide up the plastic cover until it made contact with my running board. Then it would stay there and grind away my belt.

Check everywhere in you engine compartments for loose hardware. Doesnt look like I am the only lucky customer to receive complimentary extra hardware.
Please tell me it was covered under warranty. First time buying a poo since 1996. Doos have been warranty wise on everything.

R
Jan 3, 2018
Lake Tahoe
Please tell me it was covered under warranty. First time buying a poo since 1996. Doos have been warranty wise on everything.
Yes, it is covered. But I am doing the work. Not letting any dealers mechanic touch the sled as much as I can. I also had to hunt down a belt which I only found 1 dealer that had one. Of course they are on backorder until April sometime. Just got the belt yesterday and installed. Getting QD off to 10min. Be even easier if I didn't have battery and battery tray to remove. Getting that FUKER back on with new tight belt took like 3hrs. Granted it was the first time ever doing. Will be much easier next time. I needed to finally watch youtube video that shows how to make a tool using a clevis from Ace Hardware. Once I did that and had the tool it took about 10mins to get it back on.

MDEVO

Chic Chocs Addicts
Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2011
Oshawa, ON,Canada
We found a spring under one of our Boost RMK QD2, luckily the belt got the sled out and dealer replaced the belt on warranty.
Do a very thorough initial check, and also before each ride….

33107E18-A6CE-4748-B3CA-4A7466887C86.jpeg

R
Jan 3, 2018
Lake Tahoe
We found a spring under one of our Boost RMK QD2, luckily the belt got the sled out and dealer replaced the belt on warranty.
Do a very thorough initial check, and also before each ride….
Yeah these Matryx sleds have a very tight fit not allowing much room under the belt on the bottom Sproket and the plastic cover. Something gets in there and your screwed. Not a great design. Be nice if the bottom plastic belly pan was easily removeable.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
One other idea: put some kind of enclosure around the belt drive system. So it is less susceptible to stray parts and ice.

C
Dec 14, 2020
One other idea: put some kind of enclosure around the belt drive system. So it is less susceptible to stray parts and ice.

And then it's harder to change on the mountain.

I think the real fix is an access panel for the lower pulley that acts as a skid plate also.

T
Dec 15, 2020
WA
And then it's harder to change on the mountain.

I think the real fix is an access panel for the lower pulley that acts as a skid plate also.
Why not just a plastic case that uses the same fastening system as the hood? Twist and pull three of those and bam, complete exposure to the belt. Doesn't have to be held together by haphazardly placed bolts in hard to reach places lol.

Premium Features