• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pull n go turbos

spag900

Premium Member
Dec 15, 2007
Hey everyone! Does anyone really supply a good pull n go turbo system? I see so many complaints about low end bogs, mapping, clutching, etc.... Last turbo I had was a Cutler stage 1, came with everything and was dialed in from the start. Would like to some honest opinions before jumping back into it again. Low boost application, mtn riding in the trees. Not looking at 10lbs + or chute riding applications. And yes I realize everyone wants/expects more out of their systems when they buy it... Thanks in advance guys

K
Apr 12, 2018
Hey everyone! Does anyone really supply a good pull n go turbo system? I see so many complaints about low end bogs, mapping, clutching, etc.... Last turbo I had was a Cutler stage 1, came with everything and was dialed in from the start. Would like to some honest opinions before jumping back into it again. Low boost application, mtn riding in the trees. Not looking at 10lbs + or chute riding applications. And yes I realize everyone wants/expects more out of their systems when they buy it... Thanks in advance guys
Buy a factory turbo and quit messing with after market. 1800 miles on my last year Ski Doo with not 1 problem. 1200 miles on the wife's with 0 problems. Liked it so well I bought another. Poo and Doo have a little bit bigger budget for R&D then the after market boys. Here come the haters that will tell me how their after markets run flawlessly, day in and day out. I say BS! Been around every one made and tried in the last 10 or so years and they all have good days and horrible days.

B
Sep 7, 2011
Cousin is on silver turbo Polaris we ride low elevation dynoed 215hp with 1 gallon AV gas 2700 miles of hard trail riding just went to fi -tech ecu made 220hp on 93octane and bottle of Lucas oct boost no issues ever been

K
Apr 12, 2018
Cousin is on silver turbo Polaris we ride low elevation dynoed 215hp with 1 gallon AV gas 2700 miles of hard trail riding just went to fi -tech ecu made 220hp on 93octane and bottle of Lucas oct boost no issues ever been
I can agree that if you are riding trails, bogs and hesitations can be overlooked and not bother your riding. Add 3 feet of powder, while on a 40 degree slope in the middle of the trees and it's a whole different experience.

B
Sep 7, 2011
I can agree that if you are riding trails, bogs and hesitations can be overlooked and not bother your riding. Add 3 feet of powder, while on a 40 degree slope in the middle of the trees and it's a whole different experience.
Zero bog zero hesitation custom tunes make it better than stock not joking Priceless performance Gaylord Michigan I wish I had a video of us in the deep snow upper western UP

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Buy a factory turbo and quit messing with after market. 1800 miles on my last year Ski Doo with not 1 problem. 1200 miles on the wife's with 0 problems. Liked it so well I bought another. Poo and Doo have a little bit bigger budget for R&D then the after market boys. Here come the haters that will tell me how their after markets run flawlessly, day in and day out. I say BS! Been around every one made and tried in the last 10 or so years and they all have good days and horrible days.
I agree. Everyone has a different idea of pull and go, but I have never been around an aftermarket turbo that just runs. I wouldn't waste my time.

The new Doo turbo seems flawless. Be interesting to see how the Polaris works.

I would THINK Cat will have a factory turbo for next year, but at the rate they change things it could be 2030, who knows.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
ive been riding with two guys on silber boosted polaris sled for 6 or 7 years and they always run good. they have the ecu reflashed and they just seem to work.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I’ve done a number of silbers and boondocker. They truely are pull and go if you set them up well and are familiar with the kits. I hear good things about the ibexx tuning for the aftermarket turbos. If you get the correct tune for your cat it’ll run great.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I’ve done a number of silbers and boondocker. They truely are pull and go if you set them up well and are familiar with the kits. I hear good things about the ibexx tuning for the aftermarket turbos. If you get the correct tune for your cat it’ll run great.
even the best non bog boondicker kits are still slow as Faak out of the hole and then they just dig holes. Arent they still running like 50/50 av too. What a joke.
Silber isn't much better unless you buy ibexx tuning and clutch it right. Its a cheap pos kit. useless unless your just posing for wheelies on full boost.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
even the best non bog boondicker kits are still slow as Faak out of the hole and then they just dig holes. Arent they still running like 50/50 av too. What a joke.
Silber isn't much better unless you buy ibexx tuning and clutch it right. Its a cheap pos kit. useless unless your just posing for wheelies on full boost.
I’m so glad my days of aftermarket turbos are over! If I hadn’t just sold my last 19’ 850 with a silber kit (which did run pretty good) it would definitely be getting a ibexx tune this year.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
I have an 09 M8 boondocker turbo. Don't ride much anymore as I ski with my younger kids a lot. That said, if you want pull and go, you don't add a turbo. Mine has been mostly trouble free and very reliable, but there are times it needs some adjusting or tuning work to keep it optimized. And they are a bit more sluggish out of the hole...you have to spin-up a turbo wheel to 100k+ rpms...this energy comes from your motor. But, it's a personal choice....I don't mind a little more hesitation on the bottom to get the HP. But getting back on a stocker will make you realize you lose some low-end snap.

X
Oct 8, 2009
The only real way to get a pull and go sled without tuning problems is to have the sled tuned in person using a standalone ecu. Otherwise, the best bet is a factory turbo because the ecus are designed to read all the sensors needed to get flawless operation. Obviously, skidoo has more time on their tunes than polaris at this point, but updates will come out as needed.

Premium Features