• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PRO RIDE TUNNEL REINFORCEMENT KIT

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
How about WRP inserts, seem the same as BB but also have sidewall support
these will be going on my '12 when it arrives

https://www.rockymountainsnowmobile...ntain_Tuff_Polaris_RMK_Runningboard_2011.html

http://www.youtube.com/user/MarcWRP#p/u/4/6CcftHmbNE0

I'm tellin' ya, anything that goes up the sides with any kind of a ridge will hold snow and build up into a nice bulging ice bump on the side of your tunnel forcing your feet outward. It will suck, trust me. Not the product, but the build-up. I'm not here for any one particular product, just my experience with BB's, Mh's, and the Poo tunnel supports. I had the bending in the bottom of the stock cleats and thought those would solve my problems. It was exactly opposite, and now they are sitting on my shelf. I'm a little pissed that I drilled all the holes in the side of my tunnel. I knew better before, but I thought since they were OEM Poo parts that they would do the trick. Research and talk to people who have had all of the above and make your own decision before you cut, drill, or change anything running boards on these sleds.

S
Dec 15, 2007
Kelowna BC
When I was dropping off my demo pro today there was another identicle machine that was only 2 months old and the rails were bowed down and the cut out on one side was completely broken thru.I noticed bad ice build up with the stock evac running boards and it levels out with rail giving you little or no grip on the sides.Its a little hairy when your toes are the only thing on the edge pulling a big side hill.BB are going on my new pro before I ever ride it.Another problem with WRP or the tunnel reinforcement is the rivets can hit the track in places as it is that tight.I have WRP on my wifes 09 RMK700 and while better than stock they are knowhere nears as cleaty and snow stick resistant to my BB on my traded in D800

S
Feb 2, 2009
FARGO ND
running board dilemma

thanks for all the great input, we all have different ideas as well as riding styles . i also did not want to drill holes in the side of the tunnel for the polaris tunnel supports,this goes for other tunnel and running board replacements. i had also helped a fellow riding friend install a set of better boards a few years ago. i was not inpressed with the durability of the product, as they bowed in the center and the inner rivets pulled out of the tunnel. the good point about them was there was no snow billed up.i also hear that bb may have made their product out of a thicker material.thanks again for all of your good input, boy it is going to be a long summer:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features