• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PRO/Nytro project!!

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
So I have a chance to convert a 13 pro and put a nytro motor into it with a few mods, NO turbo! We are looking at doing a chaincase conversion and pulling all electrical harnesses and devices, motor and fabricating all mounts and torque links for a slightly modified nytro motor. The guys I will be working with on this are about as smart and experienced as they come with yamaha equipment, and are well known for the projects they do to modded sleds!

I am hoping to get the ball rolling on this project towards the end of the month or mid April, what I am looking for from this thread is any insight, questions/answers, or opinions people may have on this project good or yes please feel free, BAD ideas about this build.. I will be updating build with pics and run ins we have during this build, but as it appears the extensive work will be in motor mounts and torque links as we will be swapping all electronics from nytro to pro chassis!

P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
have you rode a stock nytro then a low boost nytro ? i would be looking at a small low boost turbo or a pile of motor work to make this mod worth while . would be a fun sled to rip on ! good luck !

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
have you rode a stock nytro then a low boost nytro ? i would be looking at a small low boost turbo or a pile of motor work to make this mod worth while . would be a fun sled to rip on ! good luck !

Have you rode a stock nytro that weighed 490-500lbs? And with the motor upgrades going on this it will be coming in around 160hp.. Just saying but as the game plan rolls out this sled should not need much help getting around in the mountains, plus it will have 160hp at elevation :face-icon-small-coo

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=114304&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

This is it.. some serious modification but I am guessing you were prepared to hear that..... enjoy..

We have a much cleaner approach to this, in that thread it looks like he was missing some pieces of substructure, and the other sled is a full on custom chassis. Very nice build though, now if I can just find someone to buy all the parts from my pro I will be getting started!

P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
Have you rode a stock nytro that weighed 490-500lbs? And with the motor upgrades going on this it will be coming in around 160hp.. Just saying but as the game plan rolls out this sled should not need much help getting around in the mountains, plus it will have 160hp at elevation :face-icon-small-coo

not quite but close , my last 174 with a 3 inch track tipped the scales at 610 with 11 gallons of fuel realy to ride . Weight distribution is key when doing a swap like this . you should take note of the polaris motor weight then the yammi motor and let us know the diffrence !

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC

unless you run boost it won't have 160 @elevation:rain:

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
That is my build at ty4s. The other pictures is not my sled.
Im in a early stage of planning an collecting parts so its a long time project for me.
I will follow this project thread with great interest !

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
That is my build at ty4s. The other pictures is not my sled.
Im in a early stage of planning an collecting parts so its a long time project for me.
I will follow this project thread with great interest !

Well the project has taken one step closer to happening, I have for the moment sold my 600 motor. So this starts the process of looking for a wrecked/salvage nytro! Everything is a go as soon as I get the nytro in, I will be pulling measurements this next week, and getting a game plan with my other guys together as to how we are going to attack this!

Sportsterdanne, are you pretty much taking pieces of sleds laying around your shop to put this together? Or did you find the geometry and angles not working from a stock Pro chassis?

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
if you do some motor work & add a little comp they will make in the neighborhood of 180hp:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-ton

That was the point I was making :face-icon-small-hap, and exactly where this motor is heading! Different pistons, high compression head, and a few other goodies :eek:

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Im searching for parts all the time. I dont even have a complete sled at the moment but i have a plan of what i want and i am going to build it.
The Pro seems to have some weaknes in the chassi but thats the trade off when being the lightest sled. The geometry of it seems to be spot on.

Premium Features