• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

polaris grippers

B

battle

Mar 19, 2009
Does anybody know what you need for mounts if you put grippers on an M?

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
IMO the Gripper or the SLP is the best ski for the Cat For Mt. riding. The C&A are to square on the tail, like the stock skis. And makes for some of the side hill issues. Spent alot of time with this last spring, cutting and trimming on perfectly good skis. All for the cause!

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
Alright Ive have some free time, the how to modify the rubber and mounting is not in these treads. Ill track it down, these theads do have good info anyway.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I didn't use anything extra other than some thin aluminum bar stock pieces as a spacer between the cat rubber and the ski.

I run my skis in the narrowest position and had to cut down the lip on one side of the groove on the grippers. I just used some end cutters and got it as flat as I could.

B

battle

Mar 19, 2009
grippers

Ok thanks if I could find a used pair I sure think they would be better than stock.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Ok thanks if I could find a used pair I sure think they would be better than stock.

In blower snow, they are.

About the only thing worse about them is the tips are kind of soft so you can auger them into stiffer snow pretty hard doing drops.

I do wish they were a little stiffer. But then they wouldn't work as well at lower speeds.......

Premium Features