• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris 800 900 PTO ENDS AND CRANKSHAFTS

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
Dan went to a bunch of expense, in both time and money, to have ends built. They are his creation, built by a couple of sub contractors doing the actual metal and hardening work.

I looked in to having some made and if Dan figured out how to have it done, at a reasonable price, and doesn't want to share that info I can understand. Polaris created a need, Dan stepped up, and he's making the money because of it.

I've got one of his bottomend on my 910... 1/2 season on it. If he's willing to give me the warranty I was willing to give him my money. :)

sled_guy

And I Thank You Sledguy.

Well said........Its just that simple.

Dan

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Sounds good Dan When looking at your site it did not say it that way< it only said pto end. And i always wondered if it was more than that or that alone. Your last post makes it pretty clear what is covered Thank you.

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
I'll let Dan clarify but I believe if it was his earlier Torque Master bottom ends with a stock sized PTO end it was 3 years.

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
Sounds good Dan When looking at your site it did not say it that way< it only said pto end. And i always wondered if it was more than that or that alone. Your last post makes it pretty clear what is covered Thank you.

No-problem Larry.

Al, Indeep would be correct. The 3 year was on a 30mm OEM size PTO-end, and the 5 year is on the 33mm PTO-end.

Dan

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Dan I tried to call you today.
I just sent you a PM.

Hopefully you see this right away.

L
Mar 13, 2004
Lake Cle Elum, WA
Dan how do you recommend people summerize one of your 900 torque master III botom ends? How do you do it?

Many advocate "fogging" oil. Personally, I start each of my sleds once per month and let them run for awhile. This accomplishes 3 things:

1) It makes sure any moisture is sent out the exhaust.
2) It coats engine parts in oil
3) Keeps the fuel from gumming up the fuel system.

I've seen sleds that were stored outdoors in a moist climate have so much condensation, that it would freeze and totally lock up the engine; preventing it from being turned over with the rope. My friend took it inside a heated shop to thaw out, thought he was fine and the bottom end went a month later.

Premium Features